I got a Lightwing

Camel

I bought a Lightwing GR912, a bit different to the J230, but I'm not getting rid of that either.

Looks really nice. They are a very neat and well-built little aeroplane and I’ve often thought that might be the way for me to go one day.

Would be keeping it in the family sort of because Howies’ mum was my Mum’s cousin.

• Like 1

Good buy. Now you will be able to fly with the third wheel at the correct end.

How do you find it for landings. I think flying a Lightwing again would do me some good, controlling that low wing loading on final is harder than flying an RV4.

• Like 2

Be Careful. Lightwings can be addictive!

It certainly is, honing my skills at the moment, done some greasers and a few to make the heart race but all in all it is fun.

Good buy. Now you will be able to fly with the third wheel at the correct end.

How do you find it for landings. I think flying a Lightwing again would do me some good, controlling that low wing loading on final is harder than flying an RV4.

I've be flying nose wheel for twenty years with the odd tail wheel so I'm getting use to it, doing fine so far but I am a bit of a perfectionist so I won't be happy until I'm faultless, it's a 100hp so it gets off quick, I've been sticking to the grass at the moment as I'm told they can get a little wild on bitumen. I think flying the lightwing gets your flying skills up to a high standard.

This aircraft was rebuilt by a few guys out Broken Hill and did a real fine job of making it like new again.

IMG_2083.thumb.JPG.0ff26a022c11449bc8fd2760541ccbbc.JPG

IMG_2084.thumb.JPG.9000ec4a2dddc1f2a49b6537987913e2.JPG

• Like 4