Interested in hearing building experiences

danny_galaga

Just curious about those of you who have built their Nynja. What was your experience with the kit? Did you enjoy building it? Were there many parts missing/ wrong size etc? How was the manual? Easy to follow or did you have to contact the factory a lot? How was the customer service when you contacted them? 

Asking for a 'friend'  ?

Just curious about those of you who have built their Nynja. What was your experience with the kit? Did you enjoy building it? Were there many parts missing/ wrong size etc? How was the manual? Easy to follow or did you have to contact the factory a lot? How was the customer service when you contacted them? 

Asking for a 'friend'  ?

The build manual is very much on the money with all build information.  'Flylight Airsport' UK is the business and they have an agent in South Australia.  Never problems getting advice and assistance.

A couple new improvement points are: - not far off having 600 kg,  also read they are soon to work on a tail dragger version.  Australia had a 50mm wider version if people wanted it and wing tanks.  Scott Hendry has a very detailed build images set.  During my build I put a far bit of info out there on the forums to assist anyone in the future.   As far a handling there are great and go where you put them with no vices.  I have 193 hours on mine now and no issues.  They have a good cruise speed at 105 kts if you want and stall is 35 kts.  Vision from the cockpit is very good.   Empty weight is in the 290kg area.  The Rotax 912 100hp is a good choice of engine.

Many built including the other skyranger models and a search for skyranger videos will show many happy flyers and owners.  The fibre glass fuse cover on the frame saves any need to paint.  I'd thoroughly recommend the extra for the Xlam wing skin material.  Hope that assist your friend.  If they require any more info I'm happy to return a phone call or pm my contact.  Cheers

• Like 1

No missing parts, some extras (for example throttle lever the twist levers or push pull) you need to purchase all instruments, switches and wiring.  Also standard tanks are 60 liters in plastic containers. I got wing tanks manufactured at Watts Bridge. Need to realise these are kit that has been produced over may years, over 1600 last count.  They fly the number specs the business states in the advertisement.. Get your mate to phone some other skyranger owners and get thier view. cheers

I have just completed building a BushCat tail wheel and am now part way through the test flying period. The build was relatively straight forward taking only six months. There was the odd missing bit, mainly miss counted items such as clevis pins, washers, nuts etc.  Manual was reasonably comprehensive and supported by 100 plus online build videos.  SkyReach BushCat has a dedicated help desk which was a great help and any issues were rectified straight away.  Anything extra was shipped DHL Express and arrived here in Vic around 6 working days.

This build does however require a bit more skill than your average DYI er, mechanical, fabrication and electrical skills a definite advantage.

i hope this helps your “friend”

• 5 months later...

They have a good cruise speed at 105 kts if you want and stall is 35 kts. Vision from the cockpit is very good. Empty weight is in the 290kg area. The Rotax 912 100hp is a good choice of engine.

I’d be interested in RPM for 105 kts. I found this article by Roger Lee on the ultralight forum. I’d expect you’d be talking a similar 5600rpm for the 105 knots. That’s enough. I’d been thinking a bit slower. More Foxbat A22 speed.

Interested because I have an interest in a Skyranger and haven’t managed to see or fly in the plane yet.

I was in the Phillipines flying ultralights and a Brit who has a flying school back in England was really enthusiastic about Skyrangers. Made me feel like it was well and truly the right decision.

C833325F-C544-432F-8BD7-A173D2F3F233.thumb.jpeg.4e9290994af6f85b3f7154869aeb3075.jpegC833325F-C544-432F-8BD7-A173D2F3F233.thumb.jpeg.4e9290994af6f85b3f7154869aeb3075.jpeg

Hi Mike I follow R Lee's advice about rpm. Mine was 5,580 (just under 5,600) 105 is S&L WOT. Perhaps post in Skyranger forum for a contact for Victorian owners of Nynja's and ask for a fly. If ever in Mackay give me a call. I'm a convert to Nynja, have 218 hours and no issues and throughly enjoy flying her. Will be awesome kit build at 600kg. All new kits are 600 kg except for undercarriage that is still to be approved. They report just finishing the testing of the new Swift variant. Then I expect the undercarriage will be tested and approved to 600kg. Cheers and thanks for question.

• Like 1

Hi Mike I follow R Lee's advice about rpm. Mine was 5,580 (just under 5,600) 105 is S&L WOT. Perhaps post in Skyranger forum for a contact for Victorian owners of Nynja's and ask for a fly. If ever in Mackay give me a call. I'm a convert to Nynja, have 218 hours and no issues and throughly enjoy flying her. Will be awesome kit build at 600kg. All new kits are 600 kg except for undercarriage that is still to be approved. They report just finishing the testing of the new Swift variant. Then I expect the undercarriage will be tested and approved to 600kg. Cheers and thanks for question.

That’s a great reply. Thanks. I’ll put you in as a destination once I get flying in Australia. Probably late this year. I get another ultralight flying fix in Phillipines next week (while avoiding corona virus on trip from Taiwan... just mask in busy airport spots and hand washing. Not too bothered) then in Nebraska June to September I’m going to get tail wheel GA endorsement. Then, back to Australia for a while and plan to visit the Nynja. I have about 10 hours in Foxbat and I understand they are similar to fly. Seems the top end (in a bit of a hurry) is better than I expected. 105 knots seemed to be our speed in USA Cessna 172 and we’d cover a lot of territory.

On that subject.... the 172 was well and truly comfortable cruise 105 knots. Say a 3 hour flight... what would you cruise at? I guess that’s more of a Rotax question. I see conflicting advice on the subject. In the Foxbat pattern work we’d settle at about 5000 rpm.