Picture of terry's thruster t500

Guest terry

a good climb rate

yes david were a weaker generation that likes all the comforts.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

gi day chris, It's a mistake to ask me about thrusters because I'm a one eyed fanatic.

I think the old saying that if you can fly a thruster you can fly anything is probably true. I've over heard pilots comments after their first flight in them and it's less than complimentary and I must admit my first two flights getting my tail endorsement did make me think I'd chosen the wrong plane, but too bad I'd already bought it. A couple of hours later I'd changed my mind, and now 6 months later and having flown 2-3 times a week if possible since, and having practiced every possible take off and landing ever thought up their a piece of cake. I've done a number of improvements to my t500 which increases it's performance all round. I have two other thrusters where I fly so I get a good comparison. Most thrusters cruise at 55kts I cruise at 65kts at 5200. A climb rate of around 1000 fpm at 6100.

A glide rate at 60kts that you wouldn't believe unless you saw it. I'm going to calculate it when I get the chance before I mention figures, but I will say I 'm back to idle turning on to base and for a thruster thats pretty good. The all round handling in the air is very good and Ive found it to be very responsive.

There are two other thruster owners at the airstrip I fly from and I love letting them fly my plane because they always come back and say they can't believe it's as good as it is. Things like tight skins [something often overlooked] are so important to good performance. There are many things you can do to reduce drag on a thruster and every little thing helps. I have lots of things I still want to do to mine, I suppose it's never ending just like boats.

IMG_2289b.thumb.JPG.2b100a9e2860f69216e92d8e0ca00452.JPG

Guest Fred Bear

Yep Terry, I miss my Thruster. The saying "If you can fly a Thruster you can fly anything" is certainly true. Same is "If you can't fly a Bantam you should not be walking". Yours has waaaaay too many doors and windows too. Rip them off!;)

Guest Teenie2

The best looking Thruster I have ever seen.You could put a baby spat on the tail wheel,mainly just for looks,but like you said every little bit counts.

Guest TOSGcentral

The fairings (like the other grp parts) come in any colour you want - they can be painted when they are made.

Also, I keep no stock and parts are made to order - usually a couple of weeks to get them for virtually anything from a full pod or door set to just a single panel.

I do not hold stock as I do not run a business - just help people out.

Most of the small parts go out ready for painting so the owner can get the exact colour match required. That is not a difficult task for something the size of the fairings - and saves money.

Aye

Tony

Pod side fairings

Tony, Could you please go ahead with a pair of these for me? The project of resurrecting 25-393 is moving along well, new wings & skins in red/yellow (thanks Wayne Fisher, A very proffessional job) look great. We aim for similar performance to Terry. A lot of tidying up in the cockpit with new panel inc grand Rapids 2002 EIS. We pulled the control assembly apart to find surprisingly little wear but re-jigged the rear bush mount to remove all play. Am preparing to make strut fairings and will tell you all about it when completed. Also doors, including (I hope) blown windows ala Charles Rigg at Holbrook. Let me Know when and how to pay. By the way the manual that you sent has a problem with the collation- pages spread around like a mad dog's s..t! Kind regards, keep up the good fight, Don

Guest TOSGcentral

Hmmmm! OK.

Send me $132 in some acceptable medium of currency $112 for the units and $20 for post and packing - they will be coming via Australia Post so I need an address as well to:

TOSG

183 Lower Cressbrook Rd. Toogoolawah 4313 and they will be with you shortly.

Be careful making the lift strut fairings. To get them right you need water levels etc. I can send you a "how to do it if you wish. They can look quite odd when they are on the floor so take care with the two different angle of incidences of the leading and trailing fairings each side!

I would greatly appreciate a PM or an email (on [email protected]) re the collation problem. I need to know what happened.

I had to make a panic run of a few copies under the pressure of orders coming in but at the same time was under considerable personal pressure with my mother deciding whether to die or not. So I did not proof read each production copy.

I need to know if I have a disk corruption or if the printers got some finger trouble.

Aye

Tony