Just landed

Samymac85

Hi Sammy, :welcome:. Tell us a bit about yourself so we can get to know you. Do you fly? Plan to? If so, what plane, which airport?

Thank you all for the welcome!

I don't fly myself..... yet.

Alot of my friends were light aircraft pilots and went on to train, military or the airlines.

My younger brother currently is an FO on a 737 with Qantas (albiet on an extended holiday at the moment)

I have been exposed to GA a fair bit and been on countless flights in all sorts, singles/twins/turbo prop but it has never been on my radar.

I have recently become more interested in the lsa categorey specifically jabiru (fascinating) and have ended up here. Tons of info here to sift through so i joined.

I am from the northern beaches in Sydney so not particularly close to any airfield, and will be looking for recommendations.

I am very interested in purchasing my own aircraft to train in and eventually use and the jabiru has caught my attention for many reasons. Alot of research still to do and hopefully can do alot here!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Flying is an addiction, it can be spoiled by a few things however, cost, convenience and risk, manage them & the only limit will be gravity, enjoy the ride??

Edited by Flightrite
  • Like 1

Gday Sammy. Good thing about LSA flying is you can get away with as little as an RPC and cross country endorsement. If you like. I started this year. Apart from 7 weeks off because of Covid. Its been a hoot. You'll never look back.( except when checking controls on pre)?. ??

• Like 1

Gday Sammy. Good thing about LSA flying is you can get away with as little as an RPC and cross country endorsement. If you like. I started this year. Apart from 7 weeks off because of Covid. Its been a hoot. You'll never look back.( except when checking controls on pre)?. ??

Thanks mate,

Looking forward to it!!!

Where are you training??

• Like 1

Welcome Hunsta

The Jabiru is a good plane but don't fall ito the common trap of thinking it is LSA.

It can be LSA or it can be GA or RAAus rego.

LSA is not what it seems, it is a plane that has been designed to strict requirements and wether built by a manufacturing company or by an individual, it cannot be altered in any way from the original approved design.

The same plane can be registered with RAAus and it can be altered, or it can be registered GA, ie with a VH-XXX registration, when it can be altered to some extent.

Funny thing I have flown over Gympie several times, but never landed there. Do they still do gliding there?

• Like 1