Info Needed - Narromine Homebuilt

I'm doing some research into the untold stories of Australian aviation and one of these is that of the Narromine-built biplane that I saw in the museum there.

I'd like to know the name of the constructor/pilot and details of the plane. If anyone can get me this info, I'd be most appreciative.

Old Man Emu

• Like 1

No. This one: Corben Super Ace homebulit (1938). The picture is of a scale model, but there was one built in Narromine and was on display in the museum. I'd like info on the builder and any dates related to the plane or builder.

1559526243602.png.fa3b1d475c8c749dbc47bfd5bfc2c101.png

went there a few weeks ago, the little radial on the front was different. Suprised at no real forward vision. The lady at front desk was helpful, maybe she could send photos of the info displayed around the plane.

I'm doing some research into the untold stories of Australian aviation and one of these is that of the Narromine-built biplane that I saw in the museum there.

I'd like to know the name of the constructor/pilot and details of the plane. If anyone can get me this info, I'd be most appreciative.

Old Man Emu

The Corben Super Ace was designed to use a converted A model Ford car engine, ( with a dry weight of approx. 100kg it required the pilot be located behind the wing for c. of g. reasons). When Jack Coomber built his in Narromine he used a French Salmson A D 9

a 3.3 litre 9 cyl. radial of 40 to 50hp.

The Salmson was much lighter so he had to extend the forward fuselage giving it the long nose.

Jacks Corben flew around the north west of NSW from the late 30's to mid 60's

• Like 1

Did Jack sell it before the mid-60's, and if so, to whom? Whose clearing sale was it at, or did Jack just put it in someone's for the sake of getting rid of it?

He seems to have been a real identity in the District.

Did Jack sell it before the mid-60's, and if so, to whom? Whose clearing sale was it at, or did Jack just put it in someone's for the sake of getting rid of it?

He seems to have been a real identity in the District.

Not sure when Jack sold it, I think in the 40's it went through several owners, was around Newcastle for a while , ended up near Boggabri owned by Ron Willis, he also had a Pietenpol Sky Scout ( single seat ) powered by a Salmson. I think the Pietenpol is in the Tamworth area. The Corben and Pietenpol were sold at Ron's clearing sale feb. 65

• Like 1

If it's the same one, Bubbleboy has seen it in Tamworth, hanging from a shed roof, while he was in the early stages of building his Pietenpol.

Yes its the same one. was named

" Miss Mogil "