Lift off speed of Supa Pup??

Hi, Can anyone tell me the approx. lift off speed of a supa pup, say with 80kg pilot, 20kg fuel, 4cyl 4 stroke KFM motor, on a 10 degree still winters morning, say altitude 1000ft ASL. Assuming tail lifted & elevators level. I intend doing some ground runs soon & this is good info to have. I believe that stall speed is around 38 knots?? Is it a hard stall in this plane?

Have a look and also ask the question on the areo pup forum. This info is an example of what is there in the areo / supa pup thread. May not be exactly what your chasing but the answer may be there some where or a contact with other owners / flyers of similar aircraft model type. Cheers

"G'day everyone,

Since my last post I have now got 13 engine hours up and 8 hours flying time. I have explored the stall and flap use and all is good. At almost all up weight the clean stall came in at 44 kts, 10 degres flap 43 kts, 20 degrees flap 42 kts. The stall is very gentle and tends to want to "unstall itself" is soon as it occurs.

The ailerons are very very responsive, so until you get used to it you are all over the place, I'm used to it now. My oil temp is still sitting at the top side of the green band, so a bit more tweaking of the cowl openings req'd and the cht is in the green band at 325 degrees F.

So far I have done about a dozen landings and at the moment I need to really fly it on and pin it with forward stick as soon it touches. The landing gear shock absorpsion works well.

Anyway, off to Narromine now, hope to see some of you there.

Regards

Ducky

aka Steve Donald Mob 0421603175"

Hi, Can anyone tell me the approx. lift off speed of a supa pup, say with 80kg pilot, 20kg fuel, 4cyl 4 stroke KFM motor, on a 10 degree still winters morning, say altitude 1000ft ASL. Assuming tail lifted & elevators level. I intend doing some ground runs soon & this is good info to have. I believe that stall speed is around 38 knots?? Is it a hard stall in this plane?

Unless you’ve got a LOT of tailwheel experience I would caution you against doing high speed runs. You’d be best to go flying. The most difficult phases of Flight in a taildragger are the early part of the takeoff roll and the later part of the landing roll. By doing high speed taxi runs you’re exposing yourself to both of those phases. I’ve done a significant number of test flights in new / restored aircraft and I never do high speed runs. I’m certainly prepared to reject a takeoff if things aren’t going well.