Lightwings and Sex

pylon500

OK, Now that I've got your attention....,

I've been sifting through the MARAP info and, not worrying about the 19-XXXX ambiguity for now, I am beginning to get a feel for it.

To that end, it looks like any applications to RAAus, for various mods or changes, could incur individual billing for those mod approvals.

I propose that we as a group (Lightwing owners/operators) should pool our requests together where possible, and try to get them approved as block instead of individually.

Some changes I would like to request are as follows;

• 3 blade Warp Drive props for LW-1's, GR532/582, GR912/912s.

• 3 blade Kiev Prop for GR912/912s.

• GR912(s) to 600kg.

Comment here if you would be interested in any particular request, and/or put up any other mods that could be beneficial in a group application...

I have earlier sent an email to Darren, asking to clarify some of the aspects of MARAP, and don't expect a reply till after the weekend, but just thought it might be a good idea to start organising something like the above before we all get too splintered.

Arthur.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard

Great idea Arthur, I am planning to seek approval for a CF 3- blade Powerfin prop, and the approval to fit a tinted windscreen rather than clear. The Powerfin prop is well proven on this aircraft and engine, and the tinted windscreen is almost a requirement up here in the tropical North....very interested in your suggested method to achieve approvals.

Cheers, Ross.

Guest GraemeM

I am more interested in the sex in the lightwings that you mentioned.

Maj did not make any offers to me when he took me flying? Wrong hair colour or something?

Graeme.

Great idea, Arthur.

I would be interested in including the GA-912 in your wish list. However, I do not know what weights Howie has tested them to? Anyway, I was running a warp drive 3blade prop and would like to keep it when I reassemble my a/c.

Peter

Guest Maj Millard
I am more interested in the sex in the lightwings that you mentioned.Maj did not make any offers to me when he took me flying? Wrong hair colour or something?

Graeme.

Wrong sex mate.....that's all....nothing personal now

Wouldn't it be better for the RAA to contact all the registered owners of Lightwings and let them know there is a proposal available? Why aren't the factory involved?

Looks good on paper, but it's not just Lightwings.

The reality is, 3500 assorted aircraft from 220 various types, each with at least one, maybe two option choices for mods, updates, etc.

As for factories, a third of the aircraft above no longer have manufacturer support, hence the reason to legitimise repairs, mods, etc via a central authority.

I have had a response from Darren showing interest in my proposal, but as you can imagine, this is like opening Pandora's Box, so Barren will be flat out for a while 'till this is under control.

His response included getting talks started between Bolly and Rotax, re some form of bulk approvals.

I did receive some paperwork from Warp Drive last year describing their work towards (self?) certification, to comply with supplying props to the LSA manufacturers.

This paperwork was forwarded to Darren, but it may need an initiative by Wade(?) or whoever now supplies Warps, for a similar bulk approvals.

No noises regarding costs yet, but then it is a bit like asking 'How long is a piece of string?'

• Informative 1

A user searchable database isn't that hard to setup, this is the 21st century not the 19th. These sorts of effeciencies are what the RAA should be embracing instead of trying to apply draconian restrictions to owners and pilots. And the RAA has to break its addiction to paper, every electronic system saves members thousands every year.

A user searchable database isn't that hard to setup, this is the 21st century not the 19th. These sorts of effeciencies are what the RAA should be embracing instead of trying to apply draconian restrictions to owners and pilots. And the RAA has to break its addiction to paper, every electronic system saves members thousands every year.

I've been dealing with RAAus electronically for the last two years doing Rego's, ACR's, Pilot Endorsements, License Renewals etc, with no problems....

What have YOU actually done in the last two years?

Are those Tornados flying yet?

Is your Drifter back in the air yet?

Sorry, but I'm busy DOING stuff.......

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

FT ...your behind the times.....a large IT and systems upgrade was approved recently and announced by the CEO which will include website, magazine and all record keeping within the organization. The board has just recieved the first progress report on the new upgrade so it is now happening, and shouldn't take more than a couple of months for completion. It will bring us up to current standards as far as systems management goes, and is long overdue.

It has taken the current board and the current CEO with the gonads to bite the bullet and instigate it.

It has been estimated that the new system will save the organization at least $K130 each year when up and running.

I like to see a mtow back to the 480 kg for the early light wings & a range of prop choices Engine upgrades eg : 532 / 582 & gear boxs upgrades for these craft would be a step in the right direction towards keeping these aircraft safe and affordable too enjoy for the future ! So u have my vote Arthur keep us informed with your ideas with this data base or listing , Iam keen too be involed .

Doug Evans

Lightwing 0032

• Like 2