Melbourne flyers?

Guest Jacques_78

Guest Jacques_78

I went for a leasurely flight yesterday and noticed another PPC in the distance. It got me thinking that it would be nice to meet a few local guys (or girls) so we can do trips together, share experiences etc etc

Any Melbourne based PPC pilots on this forum?

Guest Jacques_78

I love my aerochute.

Started flying with my Dad when I was a kid, he flew gliders, then had a Cessna and later years a Jabiru. I like the flexibility of a PPC, store it in my garage and when I want to go for a fly I do. It's also very cost effective especially now that I'm trying to put three kids through private school. Cost a bloody fortune. Would be great to meet other blokes and get together

Here's a video just cruising around MT Cottrell region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGyaogaKb2U

Guest Jacques_78
I live in the Melbourne area ( Werribee ) and find it hard to find places to fly.As I don't fly an Aerochute I am sometimes not made to feel welcome in places that these are flown.

Hi Nashy

We all share a passion for flying, who cares what type of PPC you fly? It's like judging someone by the car they drive...

I understand that the Aerochute training field is for Aerochute customers only, I don't have a problem with that, it's their field and their rules. (I did my training there and subsequently bought an Aerochute from them so I do use the field at times)

There are many spots to fly from, it's about getting to know fellow pilots and sharing the passion for ppc flying. I also fly from Whittlesea, have a field there. I am more than happy for anyone to join me provided they are licensed and obviously don't behave like cowboys. (One cowboy can spoil it for the rest of us as I recently found out when I tried to use a small regional field on a trip away)

I am also close to Werribee, about 40 minutes, so if you ever want a buddy to fly with on that side of town, yell out.

Hopefully we can get to know a few exisiting guys on the forum, or get new PPC pilots to join the forum so we can get a proper community built with interesting posts and general PPC chatter. (Not brand driven, what you fly is not an issue as long as you like it and you enjoy it)

• 1 month later...
I live in the Melbourne area ( Werribee ) and find it hard to find places to fly.As I don't fly an Aerochute I am sometimes not made to feel welcome in places that these are flown.

Hey Nashie. Mark here - remember I met you at that fly-in over Elmore way - last year? I was with my old dad. Anyway I brougjt my ppc up to north Qld while looking after dad but only managed one flight! Currently in the process of taking it to a field near Townsville and hopefully get some hours in there. Still interested in upgrading to something a bit more comfortable.

Hi mark,That was at Rushworth, and it's on again over easter, I'll be there again this year if you want to come.

That's right, Rushmore. What date is it again? Doubt I will be there though.

• 3 weeks later...

Jacques 78

I was flying from Whittleasea but took my Hummerchute up to NQ last year to try and get some flying in while there. Will get it back here eventually I suppose but as I move between each destination regularly I need a PPC in both locations!! I would like to build my own next time though.

Cheers

Mark