Michael

spitfire

I built a Swift a couple of years ago and it took approx 500 hours. I've got nearly 200 hours up so far and still can't believe what a brilliant aircraft this is!

Greg Robertson, the agent has just gone on holidays otherwise I'm sure he's chip in as well....

Cheers.......Doug

Skyranger

Hi Doug,

Many thanks for this, yes thats the aircraft. 500 hours is do able I reckon, Ive really trawled over the website but cannot see too many details on the Ninja.(I know its a bit dearer.) What sort of a background do you have Doug, (I'm used to building houses not aeroplanes) So I'm not sure if I am able to undertake such a project. (The wiring in particular seems a bit daunting.)

Also a basic idea of cost of the "not included" items (instruments etc) would be great, and why do you think it is such a great aircraft?

Many thanks

Michael Slade

Most of the ultralight plaénes (ULM) in France are Skkyranger or XAir hawk (also all hanuman) with 912 rotac engine (80 or 100 HP)

I lurn how to fly on a hanuman but other schools use the sky

Both planes are easy to build (in the main room of your house or in the garage) (just check the width of the door !)

the wirering loom is included int the hawk kit (don't know for the sky) and are very easy to make

You will need 200 to 400 hours to build them

In France the hawk kit is complete (kit + instruments + engine, hoses, .......)

I will post some ictures and links in the afternoon ( it's 11 am here)

• 2 years later...

My estimate for instruments for my Skyranger Swift project (A "hybrid" panel: some digital, with basic "steam guage" backup)... ASI, ALT, MGL "Extreme" EFIS with AH and compass senders, MGL V10 radio, Airbox Clarity GPS, mode C transponder and all switches, circuit breakers, isolator, etc, is around $9500.00. I already have an electric turn coordinator, so may as well use it (for it's rudder ball if nothing else). That's my tentative plan, I may change some of the components.

Cheers, Jim.