More Sickipedia

M61A1

How many pedants does it take to change a lightbulb?

The correct term is 'replace', actually.

I had grown sick of watching my wife get fatter and fatter over the years, so decided it was time I murdered her.

I hid behind the kitchen door, ready to stab her to death when she waddled in for yet more food, and I didn't have to wait too long.

Within minutes the fat bitch came through the door, only to be confronted by me with a massive knife in my hand.

"Oh my god!!" She screamed,

"Are we having cake?"

The US Military has cancelled its multi billion dollar research and development program into the next generation of stealth aircraft as they discover simply turning off the transponder has the same effect.

• Haha 1

Did you mean "pedantics"?

How many pedantics does it take to change a lightbulb?The correct term is 'replace', actually.

The correct term would be "renew" actually, replace would leave you in the same situation.

Regards,

Cheapy,

Qld Pedantics Association.

• Haha 1

The correct term would be "renew" actually, replace would leave you in the same situation.

Regards,

Cheapy,

Sorry Cheapy, better break out your dictionary.......

Sorry Cheapy, better break out your dictionary.......

We currently have a membership position open, I can send you an application form?

Regards,

Cheapy,

We currently have a membership position open, I can send you an application form?Regards,

Cheapy,

Sure.....you don't have one for the Sarcasm Association as well do you?

Affiliates, get on well with our common goals and we share the same club rooms.

I must confess, I' m not a true pedant, it's just habit, from having to be very specific when dealing with my wife, who finds it amusing for example, to claps her hands when asked "could give me a hand please". That is the most basic of examples she will always find a way to turn any request around, if one is not very specific. The sarcasm was learned also, as a way of dealing with such behaviour.

my wife, who finds it amusing for example, to claps her hands when asked "could give me a hand please". .

Sounds like she might have grown up in my family household, not that we really grew up!

Pedants 1. the character or practices of a pedant, as excessive display of learning. 2. a slavish attention to rules, details, etc; pedantry. — pedant, n. — pedantic, adj.

Looked it up! & seems rather like an "air training facility"

spacesailor

Regards,

Cheapy,

No Cheapy, Actually it would not, in this instance, I feel, be unreasonable point out that it possibly isn't,. . . . ."Pedantics" without going into semantics. . . would more accurately describe the plural of "Pedantic", which in itself is the active Verb descriptive past participle of the singular "PEDANT" and in this particular case, it might not be too outrageous to suggest that to "Replace" the item could reasonably confer the suggestion that the subject replacement component could well be a working facsimilie of the subject item first hereinbefore written, AND correspondingly Could, arguably be employed successfully and therefore quite possibly correctly within the confines of the original subjective syntax ?

Regards,

Evan Cheaper,

Staffordshire and more or less Central England Gobbledyspeak college.

• Winner 1

I can't imagine how one would "renew" a light bulb. They are not responsive to being "renewed" (as a subscription is). Replace ( the stuffed one) with a NEW one would surely be what is inferred.. There has to be a certain amount of logic involved.

My wife hates this (amongst other things I do). Q.. Do you know where a good pair of socks are?

Reply. I wouldn't have a clue. OK... But do you know where the socks are? Nev.

• Like 1