Ra-aus flight training syllabus

Hi Rich,

I notice at the bottom of your post the sentence: Resuming my PPL after a 17 year hiatus. Others will correct me if I am wrong, but the PPL is administrated and governed by "CASA", not RAAus.

https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/g/files/net351/f/_assets/main/lib100191/getting-your-private-licence.pdf

From the RAAus Webpage:

Beyond Recreational

Your recreational pilot certificate is also a stepping stone to other flight qualifications including a Recreational Pilots Licence, a Private or Commercial license issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. Every hour you log counts towards your private licence requirements so you really need to only complete the parts of the private licence (instrument flying, controlled airspace) not covered by your RAAus. training and get used to the new aircraft.

I hold a Student Certificate with RAAus, currently training for my Recreational Pilot Certificate with Fly Now Redcliffe. To access any of the syllabus from RAAus, you do have to be a member, Membership is $210 for a year.

Cheers, Brent.

From the Fly Now Redcliffe Webpage:

RAAus Student Pilot Certificate

How Do I Start Flying?

A Student Pilot Certificate is required to learn to fly Recreational Aircraft. However you can start your Flight Training before you apply as long as you have been issued with a Temporary RAAus Membership...and that is easy because you can fill in a very short form on the day of your first flight. The Temporary RAAus Membership is free!

This free Membership covers you for 28 days or 3 hours of flying. If you enjoyed your flight experience and can't wait to continue learning to fly, you can take the next step.

So What Is The Next Step?

You apply for a Student Pilot Certificate (Minimum age: 14 years of age). This allows you to start Flight Training with an approved RAAus Flying Instructor for the purpose of increasing your flying skills in order to qualify for the issue of a Pilot Certificate (Minimum age: 15 years of age).

RAAus Membership cost $210 per year and covers you for third party liability. You also receive their great on-line magazine, Sport Pilot, every month which is educational and entertaining.

What Is Required for a Student Pilot Certificate?

To apply for a Student Pilot Certificate, you need to sign a declaration stating that your health is of a standard equivalent to that required for the issue of a private Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence in Australia.

If you are under 18 years of age, you will need written consent from your parent or guardian to undertake flight training, including an understanding of the risks.

The minimum age is 14 years of age. You can go for a fly if you are younger, but you can't obtain a Student Pilot Certificate until you are 14.

What Does A Student Pilot Certificate Let Me Do?

A Student Pilot Certificate allows you to learn to fly under the supervision of an RA-us certified instructor. The main purpose is for you to increase your flying skills in order to qualify for the issue of your Pilot Certificate.

As you progress through each lesson, your instructor is demonstrating how to operate and handle the aircraft. You then get to fly 'Hands On' as your instructor guides you to become proficient at these skills.

As your skill increases, you will reach a point where you can go 'Solo'. This is where you get to take off, fly a circuit and land your plane on your own, while under the supervision of your instructor. After you have gone Solo you will feel ten feet tall. And that is whole purpose of going Solo........to boost your confidence! Suddenly you will realize that.......... you can fly.

After going Solo, you will still continue flying with your instructor until you hone your skills to the standard required to attain your Pilot Certificate

• Like 1