New Gazelle undercarriage

smokey487

Hi all

I have been in contact with coastal aviation in regards to a replacement undercarriage set up as mine has failed.

at this stage i am still awaiting the product to be ready however once i get one i will post up some pics and let you all know how i go.

this could be an excellent first step in getting alot of the these birds flying again!

cheers

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hi all Skyfox flyers. Has any one out there considered converting a CA22 tail dragger to a nose wheel configuration, if so what's involved.

Hi I had a Ca21 when I enquired it was too dear. Better off getting a gazelle outright. I sold mine and got a Sky ranger Nynja kit. Any of the Sky ranger range are nose wheel, much faster speed, greater range, great speed control and response and carry more cargo (camping or over night gear). If you build one no painting required. Chase a fly in one if your looking to up grade or change to nose wheel. If your in Mackay Qld give me a call. Regards Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi allI have been in contact with coastal aviation in regards to a replacement undercarriage set up as mine has failed.

at this stage i am still awaiting the product to be ready however once i get one i will post up some pics and let you all know how i go.

this could be an excellent first step in getting alot of the these birds flying again!

cheers

Anymore news on this subject.

Yes we have more info.

So the engineering is done and casa has done it's part if not without holding up the proceeds.

I am waiting for completion of parts should be within a few weeks.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi allI have been in contact with coastal aviation in regards to a replacement undercarriage set up as mine has failed.

cheers

Hi all, We now have the new design Skyfox shock struts available! These have been passed by the Engineer and we are manufacturing these now. It has been a drawn out process but the new design is much better than the old rubber and shear and more cost effective. Thanks from Coastal Aviation (07) 5448 8991.

• Informative 1

Thanks for the update. Handy for me as I live on the Sunshine Coast.

Hi all, We now have the new design Skyfox shock struts available! These have been passed by the Engineer and we are manufacturing these now. It has been a drawn out process but the new design is much better than the old rubber and shear and more cost effective. Thanks from Coastal Aviation (07) 5448 8991.