New Trike design advertised in the UK. -'LICENCE-FREE FLYING'

1918530374_Licencefreeflying.jpg.6c6e8387dee9a826e48083eda2338b2a.jpg

Don't mean to sound arrogant here, but my take on 'Licence Free' flying is that it would almost certainly be a method of killing yourself rather quickly, if they REALLY MEAN this can be flown by non - experienced persons.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Could be an advertising gimmick Phil and the +6G could make the inexperienced feel it was aerobatic.

What is the CAA E4455 exemption.

I also noticed they give a weight for the cockpit and extra weight for the wing ???

" I DONT WANT THE WING THANKS I'M A BIT OF A PUD AND IT WILL MAKE ME OVERWEIGHT"

• Like 1

It's the exemption for wheeled seated trikes for use by hang glider pilots in stead of the foot launched power packs like the doodlebug.

Technically you do not face a need for a licence in the uk to fly a hang glider so it's technically correct. Even if it's not really a microlight because you can't fly that set up in airspace Microlight's on the register and flown on a licence can fly on

Could be an advertising gimmick Phil and the +6G could make the inexperienced feel it was aerobatic.What is the CAA E4455 exemption.

I also noticed they give a weight for the cockpit and extra weight for the wing ???

" I DONT WANT THE WING THANKS I'M A BIT OF A PUD AND IT WILL MAKE ME OVERWEIGHT"

Here 'Tis Steve. . . . .

786060044_CAA4455.PNG.baee088862c8f2e8a06d9c791826e935.PNG

It's the exemption for wheeled seated trikes for use by hang glider pilots in stead of the foot launched power packs like the doodlebug. Technically you do not face a need for a licence in the uk to fly a hang glider so it's technically correct. Even if it's not really a microlight because you can't fly that set up in airspace Microlight's on the register and flown on a licence can fly on

Indeed Kasper Sir,, . . .the advertising is being a little 'Economical' with it's description here, Perhaps they feel that calling the product a Powered Hang Glider would not attract much interest ? I dunno, but I had a couple of comments from non-pilots yesterday with regard to this ad. They were assuming that it can be bought and flown by Joe public, removing the need for all that expensive and boring training stuff. 'Unquote' ( ! ) 'Flying Car' syndrome perhaps ?

Phil.

[ATTACH=full]51434[/ATTACH]Don't mean to sound arrogant here, but my take on 'Licence Free' flying is that it would almost certainly be a method of killing yourself rather quickly, if they REALLY MEAN this can be flown by non - experienced persons.

I often wonder the same, what are the stats in the USA FAA Part 103 licence free microlights, saying that its known out west back of Burke few single seat 95.10 microlights are not flow by RAA members with licences, would be too tempting to have licence free aviation in Au