Off Topic forums closed for 24hrs

Admin

Hi, please note that the Off Topic forums have been closed for around 24hrs whilst some work is done on them...sorry for any inconvenience

Off Topic is back. You can access it by the link in the main menu.

It is now on a completely new site called Social Australia (.com.au) and has many many more features that you can use. If you have posted in the Off Topic forums before you just need to log in to Social Australia using the same user name and password that you use here at Recreational Flying BUT if you haven't then just simply register on Social Australia and you can start joining in the discussions about anything or use some of the extra features there.

Now with Off Topic being on its own site you can use the What's New, search etc...all things you couldn't do when Off Topic was mixed in here.

Also the Social Australia Shop will start up with some great general (non aviation) bargains in the coming days plus there are fully featured general Classifieds, Groups, a Business Directory all getting set up and there will even be a sports tipping section

• Like 3

Social Australia user registrations are locked to just from Australia to keep all the spammers out so if there are any users outside of Australia that want to use the site then they will need to let me know so I can manually enter them.

Naturally the couple of talkative Pommies that are on the site already still have access to it...wouldn't want to lock them out :peep wall:

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Seems to be working ok. It takes a bit of getting the old eyes used to the higher level of glare as there is a much larger amount of white. Now that I've found the return to top arrow, it's a lot easier to navigate back to the main page. All good, the eyes will adapt.

• Like 1

As an addition to the above comment on the amount of white space being a bit more glare on the eyes. It would probably be different for each viewer depending on their device or monitor size. I use a 950mm x 550mm TV screen as a monitor, so it's more noticeable than on a laptop for instance. It's like when they brought out the crystalbrite laptop screens. It was hard on the eyes initially, but after a while, you don't even notice it.

I like the new site... But a couple of suggestions:

- Can we have the same likes that we have for RecFlying? I still have a problem of blowing a love-heart to other men for some reason?

- Can it be configured like recflying in that when you click on a thread, it takes you to the next unread message?

Otherwise, good for me...

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Any chance of having a side menu and the post full width of a 16:9 screen format?

You mean like it is here?

You are not going to believe this...I have for the last few weeks been developing the new Social site, planning it all out (for a month), developing it all, testing the full functionality including using the Shop feature of it and went live yesterday...Bloody Invision, the creator of the base software upgraded their own site to a whole new version TODAY which means a whole new version will probably be released in a few days...aaaarrrrgggh

Ahmed just emailed me with the news saying STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING so I will halt development for a few days

• Like 1

I hope it's far KENWORTH it.. Having "social" in the title might attract some hostility from rugged individuals. Nev

At least it is born and bred in Watsonia and not near Kew or far Kew :rofl:

(note: Kew is a suburb in Melbourne...this is meant as a joke Nev...mate!!!)

Edited by Admin

Vous devriez essayer de voler en France. Ils parleront français aux pilotes français et anglais à tout le monde. Bien sûr, l'EASA n'y fait rien

Which for some reason does not translate back well...

It should say, you should try flying in France. They speak French to the French pilots and English to everyone else.. and of course, EASA does nothing about it.

How do you arrange subtitles for Scottish and Welsh in Britain.? French is spoken in France . English is the International language in Aviation. I doubt you would ever get it at Regional airports in any country that doesn't already speak Anglaise. In Holland, English is their second language. so they tell me but again not in the provinces. Nev.

In Holland, English is their second language. so they tell me but again not in the provinces. Nev.

As of October last year "Holland" no longer exists. I was reading an article that they have made it official that the "areas" known as "Holland" (Nth Holland, Sth Holland and Holland) will now be also known as Netherlands:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/04/holland-the-netherlands-dutch-government-rebrand

• Informative 1