OZ Runways wiped and renewal

Hi folks

Just dropped off my IPad  today for its hunderd hourly and oil change. Bloke told me there was  insufficient available memory  to do necessary updates... and that he needed to kill some programs to create space.  He looked and found that OzRunways  was the app using the most space ( all those maps loaded I guess).

My subscription has expired and I need to renew. So I told  him he could go ahead and wipe the app and associated files. Did I do wrong? 

If I resubscribe  to OzRunways i download everything again,  right? Please tell me I haven't stuffed up...

Alan

Alan I can't help you, but I'm very interested in what you learn. I too have the same problem. I'd hate to remove any of my apps, because I use them all.

I have, however, cut down some files to save space. Why download maps until you're about to fly to that area?

I also dump my pix to the Cloud to save space.

As my iPad is 8 years old it's nearing the end of its useful life, so I'm putting aside a few bob each fortnight for a new one, which will have lots more memory.

• Helpful 1

Your account still exists with ozrunways. You will need to download the app again and log in.

You WILL need to download all maps again I think......

You have probably lost all "user" saved waypoints.

• Helpful 1

don't panic, my subscription expired, i renewed it 12mths later, all my waypoints etc were all rebirthed, no problems at all. Everything turned to normal after renewal of account. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I have been battling with my iPad to reduce the size of OTHER on its memory, it occupies 9 gig of my 16 gig memory any one else have this problem and if so what was the solution

Look at what maps you have downloaded and what maps you actually need.

Delete those you don't need.

On apple devices I think you have to manually delete redundant maps after updates.

Is that correct? 

From my limited knowledge the maps and in particular Oz Runways  is not the problem . Apple seems to collect files and store them and that seems to be the fault.  I need some one under the age of 30 to back up files and apps reset the iPad and reinstall so that the Other files disappear 

Ah, I see "other"...... can't help sorry...

https://ozrunways.tenderapp.com/kb/frequently-asked-questions/storage-requirements-ozrunways-ios

Second, retaining old maps and charts will greatly increase storage requirements. Once you have completed a map update (that is after the changeover date), head to OzRunways>Settings>Cache Management>Clear Old Files>Delete Files. You can also the use the 'Clear Tile Cache' button under the Cache Management menu to delete any tiles held in memory.

Your fine OzRunways will simply reinstall everything when you renew. Don't sweat it.

Hi Split  can you confirm for me regarding Apple pads that if you delete the ozrunway program and later reinstall any personal entered user way points are retrieved.  This did not occur with my android (samsung) pad when the program was deleted and the subscription was current. My next pad will be a cellular ipad mini for the added features than may never get on the androids.thanks Mike

Hi Split  can you confirm for me regarding Apple pads that if you delete the ozrunway program and later reinstall any personal entered user way points are retrieved.  This did not occur with my android (samsung) pad when the program was deleted and the subscription was current. My next pad will be a cellular ipad mini for the added features than may never get on the androids.thanks Mike

I don't really use personal way point's but I have a been thru a few Ipad's (4). I do have to put my aircraft data back in each time i install ozrunways on a new ipad.

I just checked my 1 way point that I had put placed on a map a few Ipads ago and it does appear on the new one so that's an indication they do transfer.

Maybe some one else knows for sure.

• Informative 1