Peninsula Council trying to dud Tyabb again

kaz3g

The Tyabb Flyer week ended 29 February 2020

Practice for Tyabb Airshow 2020 over Point Cook. The RAAF Museum's Mustang in formation with Tyabb's Corsair and P40F Warhawk (Photo Duncan Fenn)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Sign this Parliamentary petition

to Save Tyabb Airport

Before you read the rest of this newsletter, Victorians can sign this petition NOW by going to

https://parliament.vic.gov.au/index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&formId=74&Itemid=1054&petition_id=183

• Like 1

Practice for Tyabb Airshow 2020 over Point Cook. The RAAF Museum's Mustang in formation with Tyabb's Corsair and P40F Warhawk (Photo Duncan Fenn)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

to Save Tyabb Airport

Before you read the rest of this newsletter, Victorians can sign this petition NOW by going to

https://parliament.vic.gov.au/index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&formId=74&Itemid=1054&petition_id=183

Which Newsletter?

Which Newsletter?

It was in the Tyabb Flyer Newsletter, of which I am also a recipient.

The important thing is to click the link above to sign the petition.

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

What I really need everyone to do is send me $50.

I don't have time to explain and I can't really be bothered going into it in depth, but it's definately really really important everyone just send me $50.

If you support aviation in Australia then don't hesitate or delay as this is time critical.

Paypal gladly accepted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SAVE TYABB AIRPORT! – Sign the Parliamentary Petition now

https://parliament.vic.gov.au/index.php…

Dear Community,

Since May 2019, Peninsula Aero Club and businesses at Tyabb’s Mornington Peninsula Airport have been under threat of closure by Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, resulting in the loss of this irreplaceable asset and up to 100 full-time equivalent jobs.

We ask all Victorians to sign our Parliamentary Petition; asking the Minister for Planning to refuse authorisation of this aggressive push by the Shire to unilaterally impose debilitating conditions that will see the closure of the airport. Destroying jobs and the capabilities of emergency services’ on the peninsula.

We urgently need 10,000 Victorians to sign this petition and save this unique place and our jobs.

The airport has been operating successfully for almost 60 years. The Shire’s proposed changes, if introduced, are highly likely to strangle operations and make the airport, flying school and all airport businesses nonviable.

The Peninsula Aero Club has trained thousands of pilots, many have become airline, ADF or emergency services pilots and aircrew. Many aviation engineers started their careers at Mornington Peninsula Airport and have worked all over the world with major airlines.

Local secondary schools send students to Peninsula Aero Club to learn to fly, working towards becoming commercial pilots and building professional aviation careers.

The Airport is famous for its collection of antique, vintage and ex-military aircraft, which include some of the world’s last flying examples. They can be seen (at Tyabb)

The Shire finally backed off its first attack after people power came to our aid following Shire’s refusing PAC’s request to allow it to conduct the famous Tyabb Airshow this year. We now need the local and aviation community to stand up for us again.

Jack Vevers

President – Peninsula Aero Club

This petition is a problem.

It's addressed to the Legislative Council, which is where it will be delivered.

The Minister for Planning, Richard Wynne is a Member of the Legislative Assembly.

So the LC is being asked to interfere in the business of the LA, and that's before the matter gets to the Minister.

So all the members of both Houses who would really love to see their favourite developer move into the Mornington Peninsula have an opportunity to wedge the Minister before he even gets the time to investigate.

Apart from that, the minister doesn't make a habit of interfering with democratic process before it's completed, so the Shire has to do something odd before we get to that level. The Minister can "call in" an application after a Council has made its decision and before VCAT has started its Hearing. Should the Minister call in an application, he will have his Planners review the situation against the Shire Planning Scheme.

However, a lot of the Planning Process needs to take place before then, and any objector needs to object and make a submission before the Council makes its decision. By that the Objector qualifies to take part in any Planning Hearing, or VCAT Hearing.

Any action by an Objector needs to address the Planning Scheme; this petition doesn't even mention the planning scheme, just a short list of effects the Shires action might have on it.

I would have thought PAC would have Existing Use Rights tighter than the Bank of England, so my very strong advice would be to hire a very good Planning Consultant, one who has been involved in a lot of complex cases, and won most of them.

• Like 1

Hi Turbo

We have several highly qualified planning consultants are working on this, including a lawyer and a planning barrister.

I’m terms of the process inside of Parliament we have a sponsor and advisors assisting us... this will get to the Minister.

I would be grateful if everyone would sign this petition as it is a pathway, among many other things we are working on, to block the Shire.

Btw... we do have existing use rights but we are not relying on these as we have permits. The issue is if we apply for any permit (eg put up a sign), after they change the planning scheme, we will get hit with new restriction embedded in a required Master Plan. One of the Shire’s recommendations in the Master Plan is to limit the flying school to 6 circuits per hour. We have 13 instructors and 17 school aircraft on line ... I’m not sure how we could sustain the school under that environment.

Regards

Jack

Hi Turbo

We have several highly qualified planning consultants are working on this, including a lawyer and a planning barrister.

I’m terms of the process inside of Parliament we have a sponsor and advisors assisting us... this will get to the Minister.

I would be grateful if everyone would sign this petition as it is a pathway, among many other things we are working on, to block the Shire.

Btw... we do have existing use rights but we are not relying on these as we have permits. The issue is if we apply for any permit (eg put up a sign), after they change the planning scheme, we will get hit with new restriction embedded in a required Master Plan. One of the Shire’s recommendations in the Master Plan is to limit the flying school to 6 circuits per hour. We have 13 instructors and 17 school aircraft on line ... I’m not sure how we could sustain the school under that environment.

Regards

Jack

Sounds good; I'll stay out of it then.

• Like 1

What I really need everyone to do is send me $50.

I don't have time to explain and I can't really be bothered going into it in depth, but it's definately really really important everyone just send me $50.

If you support aviation in Australia then don't hesitate or delay as this is time critical.

Paypal gladly accepted.

Yeah, that's a real help

IMPORTANT NOTICE

to Save Tyabb Airport

What about people from NSW who are coming to Tyabb later this year to one of the flying schools to get their GA/Raaus Pilot Licence???????

What about people from NSW who are coming to Tyabb later this year to one of the flying schools to get their GA/Raaus Pilot Licence???????

Sorry you need to be a Victorian.

We need more signature, no limit on a household or age.

Please sign the petition and help us stop the Council strangling what has been there for almost 60 years and protect the 100 jobs on the Airport.

Regards

Jack

• Like 2
  • Agree 1