RAAF C-17 pulls 9-11 stunt in Brisbane - video

red750

Riverfire has been going on for decades. Every year an F111, more recently hornets and some years a gaggle of blackhawks as well come through the same path and do the same things.

I well remember and still have a photo of an F111 doing a dump and burn along the same stretch of river for Riverfire.

Just another bunch of noise makers who want to complain about something and love the sound of their own voices.

• Agree 1

Riverfire has been going on for decades. Every year an F111, more recently hornets and some years a gaggle of blackhawks as well come through the same path and do the same things.I well remember and still have a photo of an F111 doing a dump and burn along the same stretch of river for Riverfire.

Just another bunch of noise makers who want to complain about something and love the sound of their own voices.

Yep, crap like Facebook and Twitter have a lot to answer for.

RAAF pilots are immune from the mistake made by other forces.

You might be very impressed with just how risk averse our defence aviators are. I dread the day we have to defend ourselves because they'll be too busy doing risk assessments and paperwork to actually fly.

The story says that they had to 'pullup' to avoid skyscrapers, which is just an outright lie, There are no skyscrapers on the river.

The video clearly shows just how open the flight path is.

• Agree 1