RAAus member/general survey

kasper

Well RAAus management have sent out a survey ... and once again if you actually do not agree with what they want half the questions force you to answer the way they want.  

so frustrating that I am not going to complete it and will drop a pointed message to the directors with specifics within the survey where a legitimate point of view cannot be provided. 

irony that is run in survey monkey because that’s what it appears management think members are.  

• Agree 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well RAAus management have sent out a survey ... and once again if you actually do not agree with what they want half the questions force you to answer the way they want.  

so frustrating that I am not going to complete it and will drop a pointed message to the directors with specifics within the survey where a legitimate point of view cannot be provided. 

irony that is run in survey monkey because that’s what it appears management think members are.  

Yep, got half way thru and went xxxx this.

So, are you saying that we cynics should all swamp the survey with our opinions, or should we all boycott it (which allows the survey to be swamped by spineless yessmen)?

• Agree 1

Ian wants to know why membership here is dwindling. The answer is in this post. Five grumpy RAA members venting. Probably ten by tomorrow, out of ten thousand or whatever. Like me, the majority just get turned off by the constant unreasonable sniping. If there is a need for an anti- RAA web site, then let it be somewhere else. If it is this site, then Ian has his answer, and most of us are gone. With the rest of the spineless yes men.

There is ample space for comments in the survey. I completed it without trouble. If you have extra advice for RAA, send them an email!

Disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight, other than a desire for RAA to continue to service my needs and not be diminished by unreasonable attacks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

Ian wants to know why membership here is dwindling. The answer is in this post. Five grumpy RAA members venting. Probably ten by tomorrow, out of ten thousand or whatever. Like me, the majority just get turned off by the constant unreasonable sniping. If there is a need for an anti- RAA web site, then let it be somewhere else. If it is this site, then Ian has his answer, and most of us are gone. With the rest of the spineless yes men.

There is ample space for comments in the survey. I completed it without trouble. If you have extra advice for RAA, send them an email!

Disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight, other than a desire for RAA to continue to service my needs and not be diminished by unreasonable attacks.

Yep, another "I just want to fly" person trying to stifle debate; the "I'm alright Jack" attitude turns people off a lot faster.

• Agree 1

Well said, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. This site has already gained a reputation in the recreational flying community for negativity and RAA bashing.  I too had no issue about completing the survey.

• Agree 1

Well said. 'Twas easy to fill in the option boxes with free text. Have your say just like me.

Ken

The first? Question, why are you a member of RAA. For some of us the answer is obvious, we can't register our aircraft any other way. That is not one of the answer options offered. I personally would be happy for CASA to tell me directly that a class 2 medical is not required and owner maintenance is ok but I must comply  with all the other CASA regulation. I guess i am saying what does RAA actually do and will they lobby against that freedom coming to light GA aircraft  in Australia that we see in Britain and Canada.    

• Like 2

The whole issue about RAA surveying its members to me is exactly as they say. They want to find out what bothers members and what they would like to see going forward. When only 10% of members bother to vote in any election does this mean the other 90% are happy? Who Knows? The fact that some directors have financial  interests in certain aspects is a pretty sure fire reason that they promote these things. Our organisation is now well entrenched in the Australian Aviation scene and have a pretty good relationship with the regulator. Animosity between RAA and other RAOs could be seen as sour grapes from those organisations that they seem not to get the same hearing as RAA.

Aviation in Australia in my view is reflective of the way the country is governed. I spent the first 30 years of my Aviation involvement in NZ from pioneering Hang Gliding to setting up clubs, the National organisation & involvement with and lobbying CAA for greater privileges etc to becoming a PPL pilot & active contributor to CAA proposals. 

CAA in NZ appears to me as a Coach compared to CASA appearing as a COP. I do believe that culture is now waning within CASA from its peak around the Jabiru engine fiasco.

Nothing happens quickly in Australia with a minimum of 3 levels of government & with upper houses that expands to 5. The RPL in NZ was designed as it was elsewhere to allow ageing pilots to still fly but without having to go through the Class 2 medical. The white paper & proposed rule making was done & 3 months later in 2005 it was in. It took another 10 years here & then it was a completely different animal. NZ has now published a notice of proposed rule making to scrap the RPL altogether & allow PPLs to fly with up to 5 passengers in aircraft up to 2730 kg on a commercial motor vehicle licence(already done in the UK & Canada). They can do these things it seems because of less government and inclusivity. NZ RA pilots also have access to CTR and all aircraft are on the ZK register.

So RA-Aus is not going anywhere soon other than to continue to establish itself as the top RAO and eke out as many privileges as possible given the constraints that exist while endeavouring to loosen those constraints. Probably 95% or more of RA pilots have never flown outside of Australia so have no idea what could be. Maybe that is why most just shrug their shoulders, don't vote and don't complete surveys.

• Agree 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 2

Well said, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. This site has already gained a reputation in the recreational flying community for negativity and RAA bashing.  I too had no issue about completing the survey.

Is that right, I thought it was a forum that everyone could air their concerns etc.   The "bashing" is by RAA members, and does not appear to be by the page owner or his staff.   I completed the survey but found it limited and only fishing for a couple of answers.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

After completing the raa survey it made me wonder how i have been able to administer my VH musketeer and pilot  license  for the last 20 od years, certainly not with help from casa, after getting  the type cert and registration I have not heard from them apart from some useful educational material.??   

Ian wants to know why membership here is dwindling

Perhaps it is dwindling because some forum members actively try to stifle, censor and bully other members from expressing their opinions and beliefs?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

NOT ALL BULLIES. 

I just left, as not able to agree with the new regime.

Take our money, then take us for fools.

spacesailor

Left what, what new reqime. (do you mean Raa Aus?)   Bit hard to understand what you mean given the context of the rest of the previous posts.

I am away in Victoria for a break and will look at the survey when I get home. I believe it is no good whinging unless you are prepared to say why you disagree and I can’t be bothered now. 

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

• Like 3