What happened to Flight Safety Australia?

Seems to be the pattern. A few journals and mags I’ve seen go digital and then people stop reading them and they close down.

I’ve stopped reading a number of flying and professional journals because they are just too inconvenient as digital formats.

Saddest indictment - I’ve even stopped reading the one I am a manuscript reviewer for!

If they are a paper version I see them in my briefcase or sitting on my desk or wherever and when I’ve got a spare minute or two I pick them up and read them.

If they are on my iPad I have to consciously think of looking for them because they are now competing with what ever it was I actually opening up the iPad to do.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

...If they are on my iPad I have to consciously think of looking for them because they are now competing with what ever it was I actually opening up the iPad to do.

A few of my digital subscriptions send email reminders with a link. Works for me, because I keep up with those publications. Others, such as RAA's mag, I haven't remembered to look up for yonks.

A few of my digital subscriptions send email reminders with a link. Works for me, because I keep up with those publications. Others, such as RAA's mag, I haven't remembered to look up for yonks.

Might work if I had time and if I got just one or two emails a day.

I average nearly 50 and sometimes over a hundred emails a day. Even with multiple filters working to thin out what I actually look at I’d still have 30 or so that I have to deal with.

Reminder emails to read an attached journal just go into the bin.

...Reminder emails to read an attached journal just go into the bin.

Ahh- there's your problem, Jaba. I don't know how you can keep up with all the publications and documentation of your demanding career, let alone a side interest like aviation.

Some people listen to podcasts while driving and spoken emails are no doubt available. I like listening to the newspaper readings on (I think) 2CH while driving. Siri is getting better all the time, but you can't beat human voices. There is plenty of scope for retired people to read some of the masses of printed matter that busy people need to get thru.

• 1 month later...