a big hello from Goulburn

Im new to this site,but from what i see so far, its a gathering of people , information ,education and support to all involved in aviation in general. If your new to flying or a veteran with a few stories to tell ,or just comments its great for all. Ive been involved in aviation since 1977 where i took to the skys over Wollongong in a trusty C150 VHWFT . At the wollongong flight trainning center,instruction cost a hefty $35 ?hr dual . I completed a proffessonal pilots program theory exams through the Sydney technical college "school of navigation".Today im still flying all be it in a private capacity but loveing it .I just would like Australia to really step up to the table and embrace aviation ,so it can improve like the commercial airlines.Anyhow just adding my bit and cherryo for now,regaqrds Les.

• Like 1

Hi L & D & welcome to the forum which I am sure you will enjoy.

Looks like you have been around aviation for a while and I bet have seem some changes and not just the cost of flying.

You mentioned you would like “Australia to really step up to the table and embrace aviation“ we always hear about problems in every day life but not enough solutions.

Have you got a topic to kick off some discussion on how we go about doing just that.

Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Les!

If you're ever around Goulburn airport on the first Saturday of a month around midday then swing by the BBQ at Goulburn Aviation for a sausage (if you haven't already). Just follow your nose!

Hah! You won't see many planes flying around. Sausage day is generally a bit more popular although with the landing/taxiing/parking fees now sitting at $70 even a very reasonably priced sausage isn't luring people out...

Oh no! not another airport sale like Hoxton Park etc; etc;

Maybe they should sell the airports pollie's use for commuting to Canberra until they find someone in government with a bit of vision  :yikes:

Just don't hold your breath on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
Im new to this site,but from what i see so far, its a gathering of people , information ,education and support to all involved in aviation in general. If your new to flying or a veteran with a few stories to tell ,or just comments its great for all. Ive been involved in aviation since 1977 where i took to the skys over Wollongong in a trusty C150 VHWFT . At the wollongong flight trainning center,instruction cost a hefty $35 ?hr dual . I completed a proffessonal pilots program theory exams through the Sydney technical college "school of navigation".Today im still flying all be it in a private capacity but loveing it .I just would like Australia to really step up to the table and embrace aviation ,so it can improve like the commercial airlines.Anyhow just adding my bit and cherryo for now,regaqrds Les.

Welcome to the Forum L&D. . . 

I got my first licence in Victoria in 1970 ish. . . .  after wanting to fly for all my life, . . .had lots of flying in the UK, air Cadet gliding and other stuff, ie.every bit of flying that I could blag. . .

There are several of my stories on this forum,. . .but Welcome anyhow,and please let us know how you exploits proceed Sir. . . 

Cheers. . .  Phil.

• 1 month later...

That's some intro mate! New here as well and just recently gained some interest in flying. I'm not a pilot(yet) but planning to study to become one (if situation permits). I'll be reading around. Welcome to us and enjoy.