Radio frequencies around Kununurra.....

It looks busy but takes in about 6 degrees of longitude and 4 degrees of latitude so it's a pretty big area for a VFR aircraft at 100 knots so plenty of time to change frequencies. 4 CTAFS & 2 Centre frequencies isn't too bad in a 60,000 square mile area.

• Like 1

Does look more crowded using an IFR chart.

I normally fly on ozrunways "open street map", flipping to WAC and Topo occasionally.

The "ERC Low" as pictured gives a very good overview of the frequency and boundary.

PCA, the QNH boundaries.....

• Like 1

I landed there a while back. There was quite a lot of activity with RPT and Bungle Bungle scenic flights but quite OK, especially with Ozrunways. Probably much less traffic at the moment anyway.

Flying into Kununurra is not a problem, however, if you want to fly around the Bungle Bungle, there is a section in ERSA under Special Procedures on this.

When I did it, it was also advised to go and have a chat with one of the local tour operators which I did and they were particularly helpful.

For the Bungle Bungle scenic leg I input GPS way points on my AvPlan. This made flying the scenic route very easy.