Roulettes for sale

I'm told the maintenance records are all electronic on a military system, which is not available to Joe Average.

I think we'll see some of these fly in civilian hands in short time, unless they all go to Dirkadirkastan.

Whats the price of a motorised glider, they'r up around $15,000 now,

they look nice but I don't know anything about that make ?.

3 shares will fit the bill. LoL

spacesailor

Maybe reach 3 to 6 times that. Nice glider not high performance but would be a pleasure to fly.IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

may have found who bought some of these,

don't know who follows the military side of things but the USAF is going to private contractors for a lot of their training.

and I found this bit in an article about Blue close air support buying some OV-10 Broncos

"the company also recently bought a half dozen ex-Royal Australian Air Force PC-9 turboprop trainers. All of these aircraft are suitable for training personnel on the ground, such as JTACs, to call in airstrikes and otherwise coordinate with aerial assets. "

• Informative 1

Motorised gliders have been around since I was a Kid.. Nothing new about them in principle. . The PC9s probably have high airframe hours for aerobatic planes and may require some work $$$$$'s. Nev

About the Same as a Rolls Royce. LoL

spacesailor

Yes, similar to a Merlin. The PC9 installation is flat rated back to 900(shp) I think. You get what you pay for, big HP, big fuel flow. The 802 has the same engine but most now have a PT6-67 F which is rated to 1700 SHP, is nice to have when you need it.

• Like 1

From Pilatus site. They usually have about 3.5 hours endurance and I presume it's a normal pressurised cruising levels. When I had a chance to buy a Mustang it was 80 GPH .L/R cruise. Turbines chew fuel idling and at low levels.. A P&W R-2000 used about 50 gph normal cruise. (That would be US gallons) Nev

About the Same as a Rolls Royce. LoL

spacesailor

An old eccentric local farmer had an old Roller.......he used to get down the local pub and tell everyone it would pass anything on the road except a petrol station :oh yeah: lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

An old eccentric local farmer had an old Roller.......he used to get down the local pub and tell everyone it would pass anything on the road except a petrol station :oh yeah: lol

I understand the 4 motorgliders (ASK 21Mi) sold for $140000 to $150000. I'm told (but can't confirm) they all went offshore - NZ, Italy & USA (2). The two that went to the US were purchased by locals on their behalf. Given the present value of the A$ & low hours they were bargains.

Certainly be a competent aerobatics plane making lesser types seem crude and somewhat unpleasant by contrast (G suite and all). For a display, something slower and more draggy would be better from the spectator point of view with a real engine, not a fan and blowtorch combo. It's bang for your buck in the end, unless you want to say" I've got one".. Nev

Many thanks for your information.

I guess I won,t get to see them fly locally.

spacesailor

They have another 7 to sell. And there's one been operating at Mt Beauty for approx 10 years.