RV-12

rgmwa

Looks awesome, when and where will be first flight ? Not too far away by the looks.

When? Good question. My original estimate was about a year ago, but it's not too far away now. Probably a couple of months or so by the time I've finished the long short-list and waded through all the inspections and paperwork. First flight is likely to be at Serpentine, WA.

rgmwa

• Agree 1

What's the engine + prop combo? Is it going to be RAAus or a VH number? It looks very slick. Guess we'll see it around the SW once you've finished your Phase 1 tests

happy days,

He He. Lots of years ago, as an experienced project manager, I put together a project plan for the house extensions we built. Bearing in mind that we'd already done it once before on our previous hose, and allowing for all sorts of contingencies and very low worker availability (ie me), I confidently forecast a 12 month project. It only took 5 years, and there are parts of it still waiting to be finished when I retire. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Like 2

What's the engine + prop combo? Is it going to be RAAus or a VH number? It looks very slick. Guess we'll see it around the SW once you've finished your Phase 1 testshappy days,

Rotax 912ULS with Sensenich composite ground-adjustable prop. Rego will be VH-YRT, and a bit of touring is definitely on the to-do list.

rgmwa

• 2 weeks later...
Rotax 912ULS with Sensenich composite ground-adjustable prop. Rego will be VH-YRT, and a bit of touring is definitely on the to-do list.rgmwa

So you won't be having to put underwing numbers on then, that would be a real pain with the wings on. Don't know what happened to the idea that recreationally we suffer nothing more arduous than GA!

So you won't be having to put underwing numbers on then, that would be a real pain with the wings on. Don't know what happened to the idea that recreationally we suffer nothing more arduous than GA!

No problem painting numbers on the underside of the wings (if I had to). Pull 2 pins in the cockpit and slide them out. I can have them both off in a couple of minutes (with a helper on the other end). One of the nice features of the 12! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

rgmwa

• Like 3

.?????

CASR 45

45.045 Number and location of sets of markings—fixed‑wing aircraft

(1) On a fixed‑wing aircraft, 3 sets of the aircraft’s markings must be displayed, as follows:

(a) 1 set either on the under surface of the port wing or across the under surface of both wings, in each case as set out in subregulation (2);

(b) the 2 other sets on:

(i) the fuselage, as set out in subregulation (3); or

(ii) engine nacelles or similar fixed obstructions on the fuselage, as set out in subregulation (5); or

(iii) the vertical tail, as set out in subregulation (6).

• 2 months later...

Thanks Yenn. No, I've looked at quite a few close up but have never been flying in one. Looking forward to it. I don't think mine will be able to keep up with yours, although groundloops should be less of a problem. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

rgmwa

Thanks Yenn. No, I've looked at quite a few close up but have never been flying in one. Looking forward to it. I don't think mine will be able to keep up with yours, although groundloops should be less of a problem. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gifrgmwa

When you get it through Phase 1, come down to Albany for a trip and I'll swap you a fly in your RV12 for time in both my RV9A and RV6. Both have 180 HP and will open your eyes to RV performance. If you time it right, we could all be going out for some formation practice and you'd be welcome to hitch a ride to see how larger formations work.

cheers,

Thanks Poteroo. Sounds like a plan. I once heard that Albany has just about more RV's per head of population than almost anywhere else on the planet. Seeing you have two, I guess that might be right. gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif

rgmwa