SAAA

Recently looked at some Sports Aircraft Association of Australia Magazines

Wondering why all the homebuilt aircrafts in there are VH registered

And where does the SAAA fit into the picture is it worth joining the local chapter a recreational Aircraft builder

Not all if them are VH but most are. They base their training on the PPL or higher if the pilot has it. I am currently a social member of chapter 20 Kyneton which is very active. No harm joining your local chapter as full member or social. the level of activity would be up to the chapter. Nev

Nev, that is a fine idea! In fact, my jet is progressing well and hopefully will fly early next year. Wings are now done, tailfeathers are done, fuselage structural work should be finished in October with just engine and systems fitout to go. It can only be VH registered and I am building it in conjunction with the SAAA. I've had great support from the organisation's Technical Councillors as well as from very knowledgeable and experienced builders within the SAAA.

As a member of both RAAus and SAAA (both since their inceptions), I can say that there are benefits with both organisations. There are some very cool aircraft built and operated by SAAA members! Nev25, if you are an aviation nut, I would recommend you join the SAAA and become part of your local Chapter. Your local Latrobe Valley Chapter is very active.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1