Seen elsewhere

M61A1

OMG! Reminds me off half a century ago when I had a photo taken laying down in a cremator then getting up and walking out.

The electronics company I worked for, omongst other things made electronic controls for places such as these, and I had to lay down inside to adjust an ignition electrode. That was the cause of a few nights having strange dreams I can tell you.086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

OMG! Reminds me off half a century ago when I had a photo taken laying down in a cremator then getting up and walking out.The electronics company I worked for, omongst other things made electronic controls for places such as these, and I had to lay down inside to adjust an ignition electrode. That was the cause of a few nights having strange dreams I can tell you.086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

One poor bugger I knew was called away from fixing our asphalt plant burner for an emergency callout at the crematorium. the burner had stopped halfway through, he had to get in there with what he described as a "half burnt crispy" to fix it.

I could relate many funny stories, like the time when I was working very late into the night to fix a faulty control consul at a crematorium.

Due to the breakdown and only one of three cremators working, the manager/operator jumped on his bike to go home for dinner, as his wife wanted to go to bed.

I was left there on my own feeling slightly uneasy for over an hour in the middle of Whoop Whoop, with 5 coffins still to be processed.

When that rotton bugger returned from dinner, he flicked the lights off for a short while, then on and off a few times, made wheird ghostly noises, and then appeared in the doorway covered in an old sheet. I nearly sh*t myself before he burst out laughing.

All of the people that work in the industry that I met, whilst proffesional, seemed to have a great sense of humour.

I think that is possibly a necessary requirement for the job, and in no way did they show disrepect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2