Silly Pictures involving Aircraft.

If this picture isn't an early version of 'KodakShop' then I'd hate to see what the trousers of these two Ladies would have looked like 2 seconds later. . .

( Pic sent to me by a friend who was in the Royal Fleet Auxilliary )

Phantom.jpg.485d70309335b4651fc7f3abf47a21bb.jpg

If this picture isn't an early version of 'KodakShop' then I'd hate to see what the trousers of these two Ladies would have looked like 2 seconds later. . .

( Pic sent to me by a friend who was in the Royal Fleet Auxilliary )

[ATTACH]38347[/ATTACH]

I think they might be blokes.

• Like 1

Phil mentioned in another post that his good lady wife has taken to sneaking up behind him to see what he's looking at on the internet... if he sticks to pictures of ladies like these, he should avoid marital trouble!

• Haha 3

Aren't the RNAS boys regarded as "girlies", by the real fly-boys of the RAF??  003_cheezy_grin.gif.045ea30218c055c2781fc6f7d18be527.gif

Quite Possibly in the RAF, but this picture is alleged to have been taken at RNAS Yeovilton, a Fleet Air Arm base up until 2006, when the Sea Harrier was retired.  Dunno why Matey said they were Women though,. . I just took his word for it.  ( He was based there for a few years as an Engineer, moving on the the RFA to fix Huge Diesels )    

Quite Possibly in the RAF, but this picture is alleged to have been taken at RNAS Yeovilton, a Fleet Air Arm base up until 2006, when the Sea Harrier was retired.  Dunno why Matey said they were Women though,. . I just took his word for it.  ( He was based there for a few years as an Engineer, moving on the the RFA to fix Huge Diesels )    

I've heard about those Navy boys  - he probably couldn't tell the difference...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worked with a bloke who transferred to the Army from the RAN Fleet Air arm when it was disbanded. 

He often said that Women were alright for a change but you can't beat the real thing.

I never turned my back on him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

" He often said that Women were alright for a change but you can't beat the real thing. "

That made me laugh...also took me back:

I had a mate who amused himself by making loud statements in pubs & clubs, then carried on drinking while everyone looked round trying to see who had said it.

I've seen him do it in a crowded lift too...and get away with it...he was absolutely deadpan.

'Women are all right but there's nothing like the real thing' was one of his favourites.

Others included 'Take your hand out of my trousers!' and 'Five pounds for the night, you must be joking!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I worked with a bloke who transferred to the Army from the RAN Fleet Air arm when it was disbanded. 

He often said that Women were alright for a change but you can't beat the real thing.

I never turned my back on him.

Join the Navy and feel a man .

• 1 year later...

I cannot believe, no-one has noticed, or said anything yet, about what is wrong with the entire picture!!!

You NEVER stand on any part of the Landrover panels or bodywork! These are Aluminium panels, and they will buckle, just with a stray tennis ball landing on them!!

Those men should be charged with neglect and wilful damage to MOD property!! :cheezy grin:

Talking of "silly pictures involving aircraft", we've probably all seen the one below it is real but even accounting for their being a pilot in the rear seat who you can't see, well call me chicken but I wouldn't

0027507.jpg

P.S. I always wondered if he actually got it started

Speaking of which, I've never been able to get my head round the story of Gordon Taylor clambering around outside the Southern Cross in flight, taking oil from the starboard motor and putting it into the port motor.

While I certainly do not question the extraordinary courage of the man, how would it be possible to collect then deliver relevant quantities of oil in that situation?

It would be interesting to know if the engine sump had a drain tap. Also interesting to see where the oil was put into the running engine?

Perhaps someone here can provide details???

The oil transfer WAS done and some of the smashed glass from the interior of the thermos used was found in the oil tank, years later. All of those tanks have simple filler and drain plugs. The fillers usually incorporate a dipstick for oil level checking. Nev

Facthunter I'm not suggesting it was NOT done...I'm just trying to imagine how.

Taylor made multiple trips. You tell me the oil tanks had drain plugs. That implies he took a spanner and the case he caught the oil in and, while perched somehow outside the aircraft in flight, removed a plug with the spanner, caught oil in a case, replaced the plug (let's say just finger tight) and conveyed the case back to the cockpit.

In the cockpit, the oil was transferred to a thermos, which was then carried out to the port motor.

I repeat, I'm not suggesting it didn't happen, but as someone who in a younger life hung off a few flying aircraft, I remain astonished.