Simple question on getting medical certificate

NT5224

Hi folks

just getting  a CASA medical certificate for the first time and would appreciate some guidance.

Im going for a basic medical that allows me more than 2 passengers in a light aircraft, non commercial. I’m guessing that’s basic class 2.

From my understanding all  I need  to do for this category is download and fill in the form, get my quack to sign it. But then what happens? It says the form is retained by the GP.

So how do  CASA get it? None of this is clear from the CASA webpage or the form and I’ve already been on the phone with them on another matter...

cheers

Alan 

I did mine not long back, and it's basically an online thing. You go online, put your and your quacks details in, print the form, take it to your GP & get signed off, go back online to say you've been signed off, pay your $10, and then print the PDF medical certificate that the website will generate.

• Informative 1

I did mine not long back, and it's basically an online thing. You go online, put your and your quacks details in, print the form, take it to your GP & get signed off, go back online to say you've been signed off, pay your $10, and then print the PDF medical certificate that the website will generate.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Shame it doesnt seem to say any of that online on their webpages

Alan

Shame it doesnt seem to say any of that online on their webpages

Yeah. What's the link to the medical questionnaire? I've got to do my annual Ausroads medical next month and it would be good to kill two birds with one stone.

Yeah. What's the link to the medical questionnaire? I've got to do my annual Ausroads medical next month and it would be good to kill two birds with one stone.

IIRC, you have to log in to the CAsA MRS to get to the questionnaire, as it becomes pre-filled with your personal details to take to your GP.

If I wanted just 2 people for RPL with CTA endorsement, what would be the best? 
The Basic Class 2. That's (same kind of flying) all I'll be doing initially, then stepping up to the standard Class 2 for the PIFR.

• Informative 1

Ring up CASA. or go on their website. You may have to quote your ARN to enter (What's new). Your original licence probably was replaced with a new number.. The OLD numbers reflected the number of your licence type was from the beginning of records.  In my case Student licence Low 20,000 PPL 11500s CPL 5,000's  next is in the 1500's  Later ones  (Licences) are all the same number and  appear to have no particular form  015xxx but coincidently is only 200 from My RAAus Cert. number. Nev

I don't think there is much of a verification system. Years ago when coming to Australia I had a NZ PPL & joined RA-Aus as a student member. I needed something (can't remember what it was) but I had to register with my ARN number which I didn't have so I put in my RA-Aus membership number & it accepted it & that has been my ARN number ever since.

You need to have your CASA number before you can do anything online with CASA. I dont remember getting one back in the mid 90's but I had one....I didnt have a email address back then and neither did most but you need it now. So once I rang CASA they told me my number from my name and address then gave them my email and everything now works fine...just need that number or you cant do anything....like most things nowdays

Old licence numbers are not the same as the ARN. It is not difficult to get an ARN, just go to CASA site and apply.

I am getting a class 2 Basic medical, quite easy on line except that I do not have a mobile number registered with them.

I followed the checklist and did what the site required, but came unstuck when I couldn't fill in the SMS number. A phone call to CASA and they gave me the number and I managed to do the download of the questionnaire. Now I wait for my medical appointment.

From here: https://www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certification/standard-page/aviation-reference-number-frequently-asked-questions

If you applied for your ARN after 2 July 2018 you can check the number of your ARN by logging into our ARN online application portal.

If you got your ARN before 2 July 2018, you can email us at [email protected] to ask us to provide you with your ARN.