Single seat Thruster wing skins

JackieB

Hello everyone,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm just starting to get into flying and have picked up a Thruster T85 (correct me if wrong. From my research it could be a T83. Pics attached) that needed new wing skins. I can use the existing tail skins as templates for the new ones but I do not have wing skins to base them off.

Does anyone have any sources where I could get a template from? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Jack

P1100521.thumb.jpg.8a700afe97a335cac082aec03f148fe9.jpg

P1100524.thumb.jpg.1ea2fade735ab59422e3fea103ae910f.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been in contact with Wingtech but they do not provide templates. They will only do it in house. I want to be able to do it locally off a template and hopefully save a bit of $ so looking into other alternatives.

Well wingtech will not lend a template Which is pretty fair in all honesty - it takes a few hours of work and materials to create them even off an old set.

BTW It’s a t83 and after the last set of t83 skins I made I didn’t keep my template as I wound up my sail loft so I’m afraid it’s over to anyone else with either the correct span/no of batten pockets that has a template or a set of old skins to lend.

... I want to be able to do it locally off a template and hopefully save a bit of $ so looking into other alternatives.

It seems like you may be down to making your own template from first principles - at least you have the wing frame and the battens to start from. I suppose it depends on how many $$ you hope to save.

However you solve the problem, good luck with it. As I said on the UK forum, it looks a nice little aeroplane.

Edited by MadamBreakneck