Size of radiator/oil cooler rubber isolators

Marty_d

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted the Rotax 912 water radiator longitudinally on an angle under the front of the motor - like the picture attached?

Just wondering what size those rubber mounts are.  I see Mackay Rubber have them in various sizes.  I know that the threads are M6, guessing the radiators are threaded M6.  Any idea of the diameter and height of the rubbers, and the spacing of the mounting points on the radiator?

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

848775864_Ringmtradiatorsetup.thumb.jpg.e1ac362867445a6404ad0b52af758c15.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is mounted similarly, but in a different spot. I used rubber grommets with top hat bushes. Cheaper than Mackay vibration isolators by a long shot and are captive if the rubber fails for any reason.

Or you cab get these in M6 male/male , male/female or female/female

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/1838342580

Don't know if you have a radiator yet, but I got mine from the Savannah agent for just over $200, a lot less than Rotax.

Mine is mounted similarly, but in a different spot. I used rubber grommets with top hat bushes. Cheaper than Mackay vibration isolators by a long shot and are captive if the rubber fails for any reason.

Or you cab get these in M6 male/male , male/female or female/female

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/1838342580

Don't know if you have a radiator yet, but I got mine from the Savannah agent for just over $200, a lot less than Rotax.

Thanks M61, that's good info.

Who's the Sav agent?  ICP lists them as Peter Gillespie at Aerokits but that site is down now.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi all,

Has anyone fitted the Rotax 912 water radiator longitudinally on an angle under the front of the motor - like the picture attached?

Just wondering what size those rubber mounts are.  I see Mackay Rubber have them in various sizes.  I know that the threads are M6, guessing the radiators are threaded M6.  Any idea of the diameter and height of the rubbers, and the spacing of the mounting points on the radiator?

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

[ATTACH]40995[/ATTACH]

On my aircraft they are called "Silent Blocks" (vibration isolators) whatever you call them they are available in a wide range of sizes and from a similarly wide range of suppliers .  They can come in male/male,  male/female,  female/female threaded sections. I used mini ones to mount my instrument panel.

• Like 1