Su-57

willedoo

Latest MoD PR video for the Su-57. It's marking the start of regular Air Force pilots honing their skills on production aircraft; all previous video has been of Sukhoi test pilots flying them.

One thing of note is that the regular Air Force pilots are wearing the standard equipment, ZSh-7AP helmet and KM-35M mask. Some previous videos showed test pilots using the new proposed gear, ZSh-10 helmet and KM-36 mask. By that, it might be safe to assume that these early production aircraft don't as yet have the new generation weaponry and AI systems that the ZSh-10 helmet will integrate with. Early days I guess, learn to fly them first and then move forward from there.

Su-57.jpg.7ced390840b8cc7f2d43befc5f5d4f2f.jpg

• Like 1

...One thing of note is that the regular Air Force pilots are wearing the standard equipment, ZSh-7AP helmet and KM-35M mask. Some previous videos showed test pilots using the new proposed gear, ZSh-10 helmet and KM-36 mask. By that, it might be safe to assume that these early production aircraft don't as yet have the new generation weaponry and AI systems that the ZSh-10 helmet will integrate with...

Heh, maybe they didn’t let em have the full suite so they didn’t get to carried away..?

Sputnik runs articles on the Su from time to time...

https://sputniknews.com/military/202003281078744020-not-just-to-show-off-russian-test-pilot-explains-challenges-of-manoeuvring-in-dogfights/

Note - depending on the subject never take Sputnik as gospel.

Good rule of thumb - never take any press as gospel. The BS is global.

I find it is still a good idea to follow multiple news sources -see what the current agenda is..? Once you understand their ‘bias’ on certain subjects the other subject articles can be interesting. E.g. Su-57.

As an aside, probably one of the worlds most reliable news services is Breitbart: Breitbart News Network

I know Breitbart to be very reliable because there is an entire industry of fact checkers trying to find fault with every article they print..?

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I don't normally collect undies, but I recently acquired a set of these PZh-1 piddle pants. They were originally introduced in the mid 90's for the MiG-31 pilots but weren't taken up in a big way. Zvezda has reintroduced them as part of the equipment set for the Su-57, so with the combination of aerial refueling and OBOGS, they will have long range capability without the discomfort of the pilots having to undo everything mid flight to use the old canister type.

Although these shorts don't look overly comfortable having to spend the flight with the little pilot residing in that contraption with the vacuum hoses. And yes, they are new straight out of the packet, not second hand.

PZh-1.jpg.fa54215636478a60df42518f70576590.jpg

Hope the vacuum is regulated. As an eight or nine year old I was sharing a bath with a friend when camping in an old house. It had a suction hose lying in the bath, through a hand pump, to the shower head. He put his Willy experimentally into the hose and I pumped like blazes, he squealed!

• Haha 2