Supa Pup MkII's in the air?

Guest nunans

Guest nunans

Is anybody flying or familiar with flying a MkII pup?

Mine is in the air and I'm just trying to do some comparisons of speeds, weights, handling etc.

Is anybody flying or familiar with flying a MkII pup?Mine is in the air and I'm just trying to do some comparisons of speeds, weights, handling etc.

Can't help you with any figures nunans, but you must be feeling over the moon.

Like others, would love to see some pic's of your pride and joy.

As you know from previous posts I used to own a Supa Pup Mk2 which handled extremely well with very positive controls and was easy to fly, as for performance figures that depends on the engine, mine being a Global 2 cylinder four stroke which was underpowered however I could still cruise at 70 knots.

Alan.

40.jpg.876e8100a8aaa4183659ace1f1ebae6e.jpg

Guest nunans
Can't help you with any figures nunans, but you must be feeling over the moon.Like others, would love to see some pic's of your pride and joy.

Thanks, I am more happy with it every time I fly and i'll try to get some pics or maybe a video posted up somewhere however for the moment i'm still very much in the sorting it all out stages.

Guest nunans
As you know from previous posts I used to own a Supa Pup Mk2 which handled extremely well with very positive controls and was easy to fly, as for performance figures that depends on the engine, mine being a Global 2 cylinder four stroke which was underpowered however I could still cruise at 70 knots.Alan.

Great pic Alan (the aircraft looks good too ;)

70 knots with yours! sounds like i've got some work to do, mine is cruising at 60 with the 503 at 6000 or a bit over (2.58:1) so that tells me the pitch on my prop is fairly fine however i only get 5600 rpm static with the same prop so I'm thinking the modified exhaust that has been fitted isn't doing a great job..

My pup is climbing at about 300 feet/min at full throttle so when both the climb and cruise is poor i'm thinking the hp isn't there.

The next step is a new stock 503 exhaust and see what the static RPM gets to.

Is a 66" two blade prop too big for a 503 with my gearing in this aircraft?

There's something not quite right there. My Supa Pup Mk 4 (a heavier aircraft) ran with a 60 inch prop on a 503 dcdi , the static revs being 6,000 and 6,200 in the climb.

My cruise speed at 6,000 was 75 knots.

Alan.

Guest nunans

Thanks for the info Alan it's appreciated. I wonder if it's as simple as the extra six inches of prop is limiting my static rpm and stopping me from increasing the pitch, but it should climb better than 300 feet/min at 6000 rpm if i have a big two blade set with a fine pitch.

Maybe i need a new exhaust then a new smaller prop with more pitch! my prop might be aimed at a 50 knot airframe not a 75 knot airframe. There is something written on the powerfin website along those lines, I will talk with them about it and see what they think.