Supapup for me?

mainrotor

Hi all. I'm new here, but keen to benefit from the accumulated wisdom of the forum members.

I've just converted to RAA licence from GA, having found myself in need of transport, and no longer having a cessna to fly. After considerable research and deliberation I concluded that I needed an aircraft with the following attributes.

1. all metal

2. folding (high) wings

3. single seat, enclosed cabin

4. reliable air cooled engine

5. safe and proven design, preferably Australian pedigree

6. good stol performance more important than cruise speed, but not under 80 kts cruise.

7. taildragger

8. affordable.

now it seems that nothing fits these requirements perfectly, but the Supapup comes close, apart from not being all metal.

Any thoughts and/or advice most welcome.

Guest The Bushman

supa-pup

Hi mainrotor

Yes Supa-Pup in all abric but I don,t know off any Metal type

Have Supa-pup Mk4 with folding wings no engine but Jab 2.2 will go straight back in some gauges airframe done only /360 hrs comes with trailer for folding wings 86 knt cruise

$10,000.00 excellant condition RAA rego 19-3680 no prangs was still flying till taken from service

James

B.Hill

Guest Curandero

Hello Mainrotor, I have a 2 seater Aeropup and if you give me a fax number or phone me at 0888492060 or mob 0417492065 I will give you the stats on mine. It is advertised in the AviationAdvertiser.com and will be flown to Temora at Easter. It will be advertised in next months magazine. Asking price $55g because it is in its prime and very well fitted out with Tx, radios,fuel comp,cht,colour gps 296, cab heat etc.

Curandero

Thanks Guys,Curandero, I really want a single seat aircraft. James, I have heard good reports of your Supapup. I'm still at the stage of making up my mind if the Supapup is the right aircraft for me before I buy.

hey,

just thought i would jump in :thumb_up: i also have a single seat supa pup for sale tt 130hrs if ur interested SUPA PUP MK3 - Classifieds

(will have more upto date photos soon, will have a nice cummins spinner on over the weekend)

cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest Curandero

Bald Eagle. I have an Aeropup manual from which I could give you the info you might need but why not go online and get phone numbers for John Cotton and see if he can sell you one.

Curandero

08 88492060

Guest pundi

not too sure bald eagle, mine has no manual as curandero suggests mayby john cotton may be able to help you out although they didnt seem too familliar with the mk3 when i spoke to them after purchasing mine,

if anyone is after a supa pup i will be flying mine to temora thursday and planning on leaving saturday, its for sale and need it sold to do some more flight training so the price is negotiable! :thumb_up:

Thanks Guys, I actually called John and he said that there was little technical info (or manuals) on previous marks (Mk I, II and III) as these kits and complete aircraft were constructed under a different company than John's previous company (current Mk IV version). I really appreciate your help though.

Cheers

Pete

• 4 years later...
Thanks Guys, I actually called John and he said that there was little technical info (or manuals) on previous marks (Mk I, II and III) as these kits and complete aircraft were constructed under a different company than John's previous company (current Mk IV version). I really appreciate your help though.Cheers

Pete

I have the info that came with the mkII kits, (handling notes etc ) if you are interested. I might as well post them up for everyone i guess