Tail Wheel endorsement? SE Melbourne

Any suggestions on where to do a tail wheel endorsement?

I'm currently doing my Nav Endo out of YLIL and they don't have a RAA tail dragger.

I'd like to avoid Moorabbin due to the CTA and all that entails.

Easiest places would be Tooradin or Coldstream, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Ross

(Yes, I've been watching too many Trent Palmer and Cory Robin videos)

Any suggestions on where to do a tail wheel endorsement?I'm currently doing my Nav Endo out of YLIL and they don't have a RAA tail dragger.

I'd like to avoid Moorabbin due to the CTA and all that entails.

Easiest places would be Tooradin or Coldstream, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Ross

(Yes, I've been watching too many Trent Palmer and Cory Robin videos)

Bruce Vickers at Lethbridge is the best you will find

PM me and I will give you his contact details

Not you guys too Ross!

Really? A tail wheel endorsement? I just found out a year ago that a tail wheel endorsement is required in the U.S. I've been flying tailwheels since '73. Haven't got one & no plans get one.

Bureaucrats must pass these crap rules around from country to country in letter form....stating: "Hey guys! Here's a great way to screw over your pilots! Make 'em pay for a bogus, bullshit tailwheel endorsement!

Allow me to relate how I got my "tail wheel endorsement" 45 years ago.

At 11 hours total time I drove with a pal who dropped me off at a tiny grass strip just north of Dallas, Texas. I took off in my "new" Champ of 65 hp. Not long after, I landed for fuel & ground looped the hell out of it. 350 miles down the road and 3 more ground loops later, I issued myself my very own tailwheel endorsement. Never groundlooped another taildragger.

That includes a plug ugly Howard DGA with a modified 600 hp P&W, Beech 18s, DC-3s and a C-46. And I got my endorsement for free! Nothing to the pencil pushers!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

CASA and RAA are strangling the life out of recreational aviation in australia with over regulation for pilots and unnecssary pursecution of certain aircraft manufacturers while they smile and tell how wonderful they are.

With a bit of paperwork shuffling wrt RPC and RPL you could do the tailwheel endorsement in the Super Decathlon at Lilydale.

Could do a bit of recovery from unusual attitudes, too.

Kaz

You said it well Bill.

I just ignore them. I do wonder why others don't do the same? But...not always a good idea of course. Then there are others who'll let themselves be led by the nose & jump through any hoop to be legal and safe (?)...and still dead.

Had a guy comment abusively toward my illegal use of my Drifter....no registration, aerobatics etc. I replied all true but think of airline pilots who follow ALL the rules, make stupid decisions & manage to kill hundreds of innocents behind them!

Air France 447 and the Swissair crash offshore Nova Scotia being foremost in stupidity and rule compliance.

CASA and RAA are strangling the life out of recreational aviation in australia with over regulation for pilots and unnecssary pursecution of certain aircraft manufacturers while they smile and tell how wonderful they are.