Taildragger Heaven

BJFly

Hi All,

Here's a new thread for all aircraft with the little wheel down the back.

I picked up our Rans S-7S today from Watts Bridge. Ken was kind enough to meet us at Watts where I could take the opportunity for a few circuits prior to flying her home to Childers. Ken has done an amazing job building this aircraft and was great to deal with. To say I'm as happy as a pig in mud would be an understatement!

Here's a few pics for those that are interested.

image.jpeg.011c4cbecf6953b77634251326464076.jpeg

image.jpeg.548b58cc17c5bb08a5ca35f95e26a250.jpeg

image.jpeg.e89007352f61a34e347b47abcd5bf2e3.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Winner 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice.Here's my recent purchase.

[GALLERY=media, 3686]Corby by Thirsty posted Jan 19, 2016 at 2:51 PM[/GALLERY]

Always liked the look of a Corby Starlet, hopefully that's right. Looks like a fast & fun machine. What's your engine?

Hi All,Here's a new thread for all aircraft with the little wheel down the back.

I picked up our Rans S-7S today from Watts Bridge. Ken was kind enough to meet us at Watts where I could take the opportunity for a few circuits prior to flying her home to Childers. Ken has done an amazing job building this aircraft and was great to deal with. To say I'm as happy as a pig in mud would be an understatement!

[ATTACH=full]40863[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]40864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]40865[/ATTACH]

That is a seriously nice aeroplane!

Kaz

Yes Great Plains 1915cc. Climbs at 1500fpm and cruise at 110k at about 3200 rpm. I love it, handles really nicely and is a joy to fly.

I seriously like the looks of the OP's aircraft though - I really like tail draggers and his looks the part big time.

Hi All,Here's a new thread for all aircraft with the little wheel down the back.

That is a former trophy winner at Natfly I believe... beautiful machine. She was absolutely perfect when I saw her. Lucky bugger.

Bjfly, I looked over this aircraft at Natfly and congratulated Ken for a brilliant job, it is without doubt one of the best home builts I have ever seen with attention to every detail. You should be proud to own a work of art. I hope you enjoy and treat it well. Congratulation on a great purchase. They banned Ken from getting 3 in a row trophies for best home built.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi Brett. The Rans looks smick! What is the take off & landing distances like? I'm guessing not too much?

Definitely looking forward to catching up & checking out the new toy.

Hi Brett. The Rans looks smick! What is the take off & landing distances like? I'm guessing not too much?Definitely looking forward to catching up & checking out the new toy.

Hi Mick,

Haven't had a good play with her yet, just taking it easy for the first few flights. Russ and I are hoping to give her a good workout over the weekend.

Specs list landing roll 320ft, T/O roll would be less. Catch you soon

• Like 2

I was silly enough to build two tail draggers .... hopefully I will test fly the Sonex very soon.

[ATTACH=full]40869[/ATTACH]

Hi Brett,

Keep us posted on the progress of the Sonex, enjoy your maiden flight. Maybe a few pics?

Hi All,

Launched at first light for the short flight to Maryborough. Spent a good hour with Russ brushing up on the finer points of wheeler and three point landings, on both grass & tar. Also had a chance to fly a couple of circuits from the rear seat. Aircraft handles bueatifully, the bloke driving could do with some more practice. Here's a couple of pics.

image.jpeg.254ff1d2237299d021443e168c6d4c06.jpeg

image.jpeg.124364850b4d9d57a545b35482b28981.jpeg

image.jpeg.e82a5c8dea6282ef6aa04fcc311d8b50.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All,Launched at first light for the short flight to Maryborough. Spent a good hour with Russ brushing up on the finer points of wheeler and three point landings, on both grass & tar. Also had a chance to fly a couple of circuits from the rear seat. Aircraft handles bueatifully, the bloke driving could do with some more practice. Here's a couple of pics.

[ATTACH=full]40936[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]40937[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]40938[/ATTACH]

Congratulations sir a truly wonderfull aircraft. Iv,e always admired them having trained in a cub and seeing the differance. I,m having some engine issues with my storch at present but hope to fly her down to our breakfast if corrected by then. Cheers Brett

When you get a chance post a few pics of the Storch and the Supa Pup. Can never get to many pics of taildraggers.

Here's a reminder, Childers Quarterly Breakfast fly-in 6th Feb 0730-1000. All welcome. We might end up with a long line of taildraggers parked out the front.

image.jpeg.cb56c8925d20fe9d1e0e0ebddd34d3e9.jpeg

I have to leave the Childers Breakfast early on 06 Feb, because I have a taildragger lesson booked for midday at YCAB. 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif In the C140.

Nice one Geoff, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and your time in the Drifter will give you a good start. Don't forget to put on your dancing shoes. Have you had a run in the Vixen?

When you get a chance post a few pics of the Storch and the Supa Pup. Can never get to many pics of taildraggers.Here's a reminder, Childers Quarterly Breakfast fly-in 6th Feb 0730-1000. All welcome. We might end up with a long line of taildraggers parked out the front.

[ATTACH=full]41018[/ATTACH]

Aircraft with the third wheel at the right end are certainly the real look alright Brett i,ll try posting a pic of the old girl and see how i go eh