The beautiful q400

Planegal83

Well the dash 8 coming back from Sydney this week was not it. If I’m not flying then pretty much anything from airbus wins. I love the A380 and A350. Better than anything from Boeing for me.

• Like 1

Lol. Not sure what you meant but anyway :) what is your favorite plane

What Kasper means is that the Q400 is a stretched version of the De Havilland Canada DHC-8 series aeroplane. Therefore Dash 8 004_oh_yeah.gif.9e5fda4460dcecb69107978dfbca9899.gif

[/url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_Dash_8

My favourite is the Beech 17 Staggerwing. Two wings, a round engine and the nosewheel on the back. Lovely.

Robert

• Like 1

I like the Mitsubishi MU-2 interesting aircraft and history in operation. A rare sight for plane spotters.[ATTACH type=full" alt="Mitsubishi_MU-2B-40,_Private_JP6514930.jpg]43790[/ATTACH]

Beautiful craft. I wouldn't want to stick my elbow out the pax window though!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be hesitant putting my backside in the seat of one without full confidence in the pilot.

They were very high performance for their type, but required good training to operate them safely and quite a high number have met their demise in them.

Specific training for type mandated by FAA improved improved the statistics.

Interesting read on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_MU-2

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The idea of using spoilers as a lateral control is not new, but it's usually combined with inner (cruise) and outer (flap extended) ailerons and plenty of planes have trouble with airframe icing. The French ATR  also often when holding at lower than cruise altitudes . experienced loss of control when iced. Laminar flow wing sections  don't like stuff mucking up the shape.. Mitsubishi have plenty of experience building planes as we found out during the last war with the model "0" and others. Nev

Here is one of my favorite aircraft....

I'm the opposite side of the spectrum, sorry.... The Q400 is an abortion, albeit an (unfortunately) successful one. Far out of proportion it kind of reminds me of the Metro, an overly long skinny fuselage. The earlier DHC-8's were fine, but the -400? ?

Then again, I'm the kind of person who things the A-10 or AH-64, arguably two of the ugliest airplanes ever created according to many, are simply beautiful works of art. ?

Beautiful craft. I wouldn't want to stick my elbow out the pax window though!

There's one a Lillydale but the whole pilot review process with CASA means it is sitting in a hangar unused.

And were a disaster in icing conditions. They nearly lost their Cof A in Australia. Nev

And here is the most riving few minutes of audio a pilot will ever hear (MU2). Outstanding performance by ATC and crew

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
I like the Mitsubishi MU-2 interesting aircraft and history in operation. A rare sight for plane spotters.[ATTACH]39313[/ATTACH]

Man that's great looking plane. I was helping my uncle installing the bumper and b and w hitch on his truck when he mentioned he spotted a Mitsubishi MRJ plane and it looks nice.