Welcome pilots just landed

scotttex

Thanks a lot, rgmwa........I'm taking delivery of a new Savanna S in a couple weeks, and am looking for some other owners to discuss the plane with, as I'm unfamiliar with the Rotax engine, proper rpm's for various functions, etc

Like you have just done OR to start a thread, go to the Forums (in the side menu bar), click on one of the forums that you wish to start your thread in, and then the page will show you all the threads and on the top right there is a "Post New Thread" button, click that button

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.......I just joined, and am looking for how to post in the Welcome pilots just landed. Can someone help me find it on the website. Thanks a lot. Scott

Hi All. Just joined. Have been flying since 1955 and still at it with a 1942 Aeronca L3B Defender. Anyone else out there own one? Mine is the only one currently flying outside USA as far as I know, plenty of Cubs but very few Aeroncas.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello enthusiasts, Just found this when looking for the pro's and con's of foam for ribs. I built a 2 place several years ago that was a kit. I have plans for the preceptor and was thinking about foam ribs and if they use it when using aluminum spars.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello all--and G'day from the PNW!Just bought a well-kept Avid Flyer with a 2200 Jab, sprightly little bird!Looking forward to summer skies (snowing here at the moment).

Cheers,

GW

I am thinking about buying an Avid Flyer built in the early 1990's with a Jabiru 2200, 80hp. Should I have concerns about getting parts for it in the future or anything else. It seems to be a good plane in good condition.

• 4 months later...

So, on the path to building my 2nd A/C.. this one's for me 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Seems like an informative site - nothing beats experience right? hope to learn what everyone here has to offer.

Cheers!

Thanks Nev, looking for a forum to chronicle the build. Started today by printing out 344 pages and binding it in order... btw used to fly a friends turbo Comanche - he sold it to Australian guy across your pond ;-)

I owned a Turbo Commanche that was flown here from the States. It had an oxygen system fitted to fly over the Rockies and low time in service (about 1200 hours) and a radio altimeter and aileron , rudder Gap seals.. Not many around so could be the same one.. Original Paint. Nev