titan T51 kitplanes review

fly_tornado

They must be an amazingly clever design, there's one on the RAAus register with an empty weight under 400kg. Makes them quite useful, even with a reduced MTOW of 600kg they can carry pilot plus 1 pax, 60 litres of fuel and has retractable gear. Much more useful than any of the RV range of aircraft when it comes to RAAus rego. I really admired the one on display at the last Avalon airshow.

Way too expensive for most.

your lucky day daz

3/4 SCALE P-51 MUSTANG KIT • $39,900 • THIS ONE WON'T LAST • Titan Aircraft T-51 Mustang Kit. Here is your chance to build your own 3/4 scale, 2-seat P-51 replica. This all-metal kit includes everything you need to complete the airframe, and with the retractable landing gear up and with your Suzuki or Honda V6 powering it, cruise speeds of 170+ are common. To spice up the deal a bit more, this price includes $1500 of optional upgrades, including the fiberglass belly scoop. The only work started on this kit is the outer wing panels, so it is easy to transport with an open trailer. Don't wait, call today as this kit will go fast at $39,900!

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1015351_3_4+Scale+P-51+Mustang+Kit.html

This one was at the Sunraysia flyin, Wentworth June this year.

Note the extension on the already long nose. This one was Rotax powered.

Not so apparent in this photo, it just looked awkward to me.

The Spitfire on the other hand... awesome!

• Agree 1

This one was at the Sunraysia flyin, Wentworth June this year.Note the extension on the already long nose. This one was Rotax powered.

Not so apparent in this photo, it just looked awkward to me.

The Spitfire on the other hand... awesome!

pretty small prop for a geardive Rotax..............looks more like direct drive ?? ( Jabahoo??) 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know where a low time rotax one is that could be bought. Owner sick of it, local A cat does not like it, engineers running for cover. But I have not flown it. I believe however its a nice wing to fly when sorted. Two rotaxs in line may help. Yes the locals had to change things for c of g.

the reno racers use a boil off system, the radiator is mounted inside the fuselage and is kept cool by dropping a high boiling point liquid onto it. The only reason Galloping ghost didn't catch fire at Reno in 2011 when it crashed

the rare H model mustang did have a scoop

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/variants/p51h

Thats the one that was racing with Anson Johnson in race 45. I said 47 befoe. Thee were made scoopless at the time. Sadly the one above crashed into a house under the Cleveland track on the second leg of this race killing a young woman and her son in 1949. This ended the Cleveland racing. Ansons mustang is being restored as a static historical racer. Chas