Tomo gets a Pacer!

Tomo

Photos to come, but just thought I'd let you all know that we bought an old Piper Pacer!

Just at the LAME now getting a going over, but pretty excited to have a plane with some character, and tail wheel!

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 9
  • Winner 3

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Tomo ....always wanted a Pacer myself. Good luck with getting it sorted, and I look foward to seeing some photos shortly. What engine again ?...........Maj....

Great work, mate!

I guess its a 22/20? One of the nicest conversions that can be done, especially if Clevelands are part of the package.

There's one in the hangar next to me looking for a good home and it's tempting...10-15 knots more TAS and a rear seat that two people of moderate size can actually occupy (mine is just somewhere to store the gear unless they are two smallish kids).

But the Pacer land (or crashes) a lot faster than the Auster and the Auster has a joy stick like real aeroplanes should so I'll stick to it until it's time to give it away.

Happy flying

Kaz

• Like 2

Great work, mate!I guess its a 22/20? One of the nicest conversions that can be done, especially if Clevelands are part of the package.

There's one in the hangar next to me looking for a good home and it's tempting...10-15 knots more TAS and a rear seat that two people of moderate size can actually occupy (mine is just somewhere to store the gear unless they are two smallish kids).

But the Pacer land (or crashes) a lot faster than the Auster and the Auster has a joy stick like real aeroplanes should so I'll stick to it until it's time to give it away.

Happy flying

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

As you can see from the picture in post No #3, that picture was clearly taken from the back seat of the Pacer. As I am 6' 2" (186 cm) tall, the back seat is not as small as you suggest.

It's 'squeezy' but OK for an hour or two.

Hi 80KN

I was thinking more about the back seat pax's girths, than their heights 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Weight becomes an issue, too, if wanting full fuel but this is true of many smaller GA 4-seaters.

I really like the Pacer but the Auster will do me for a few more years

Kaz

this thread is useless without pics tommo! :)

Here you go! Needs a bit of TLC which it's getting at the moment, but I love it!

Yes ADs are up to date including sealed struts, which is good!

image.jpg.9bc5b98acf092e31fb59a6a9d1237e5a.jpg

• Like 13
  • Agree 2

Guest Maj Millard

Nice machine Tommo ...looks just like my Lightwing !......you owe me a ride also by the way...the Pacer will do........Maj....

Tomo, is this the Pacer that has been "metalised"? I am not sure about the wings but believe the fuse has been alloy covered.

They are a nice aircraft.

Cheers Mike

• Agree 1

Tomo, is this the Pacer that has been "metalised"? I am not sure about the wings but believe the fuse has been alloy covered.They are a nice aircraft.

Cheers Mike

Yes that's correct Mike.

• Informative 1

Looks like it came from my neck of the woods at one stage.[ATTACH=full]32587[/ATTACH]

Came into Australia in 1992, and lived in Victoria till 2010.

• Informative 1