TST

richard burch

Got the old girl fllying again :)

Thanks to Wingtech ( po box 66 Wentworth Falls NSW 2782

Ph + 61 407 761 808. ) ask for Allan Cameron.

A new set of skins for well under 3k and great service and advice on fitting .. Excellent service and would highly reccomend !!!

Also Jim Cuthill at Falcon Hawk flying School , just North of Benella Vic, for teaching me how to fly it :)

Safe landings all, merry christmas !

image.jpg.ed8335109629f254509fd0916466fb49.jpg

image.jpg.d996f9c208e0adb34e1df3dc50c1f1e0.jpg

image.jpg.3172010c60e49dbea4e43c91db19b498.jpg

image.jpg.530acaf9b4b26aca1ccafb448f654adb.jpg

image.jpg.f25e7e9bb829fb06b87676e0e3fc6302.jpg

image.jpg.9269c3c245525a7ca288e5e954c67a95.jpg

• Like 12
  • Winner 2

Nice job Richard. I hope to be in the same position later next year. Been gifted a single seat version that's in need of some TLC and then it and I will be in the air once again. Enjoy your 'new' plane and fly safely.

• Like 2

Congratulations Mr Burch. Great to see another Thruster rejoining the dwindling headcount of traditional rag & tube. I still consider a TST (or T300) as one of the most fun aircraft on the books. Also, I reckon you were taught by one of the original Thruster tragics as there wouldn't be many people left who are more knowledgeable on Thrusters than Jim. If I get an extended life span I may even get my Gemini back in the air someday. Enjoy your machine. cheers

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hi Richard

I owned that thruster from about 1991 to about 1995 and was a great plane to fly ,maybe even better than my current t300 because it is way lighter, could land it anywhere. One of the best flights I had in it was from Tamworth to south west rocks and then to evans head at 500 foot most of the way for the great eastern flyin ,landing on the beach to refuel and to ring up Coffs control tower for clearance thru zone as I didn't have radio . Gotta love the old days

Cheers Corky

Nice job Richard. I hope to be in the same position later next year. Been gifted a single seat version that's in need of some TLC and then it and I will be in the air once again. Enjoy your 'new' plane and fly safely.

I'm delighted for you Dp, you've been grounded far too long. How long until she'll be airworthy?

TThanks Deskpilot, hope you enjoy the rebuild on your machine ! Its half the fun! ( most of the time :))

Ccertainly lets one learn about AN bolts thats for sure!

Ccheers.

Pps

IAlan Daniel, is the man at Wingtech, not Alan Cameron as i put.

Congratulations Mr Burch. Great to see another Thruster rejoining the dwindling headcount of traditional rag & tube. I still consider a TST (or T300) as one of the most fun aircraft on the books. Also, I reckon you were taught by one of the original Thruster tragics as there wouldn't be many people left who are more knowledgeable on Thrusters than Jim. If I get an extended life span I may even get my Gemini back in the air someday. Enjoy your machine. cheers

TThanks Riley,

I i agree on the fun stakes ,she is hard to beat, pitty someone is not still making them !!

YYes Jim is the man ok,Top bloke and very good fun to fly with! His grass strip and hanger is a great set up as well , eeven has a caravan you may stay in next to the hanger :)

Good luck with the Gemini!

Hi RichardI owned that thruster from about 1991 to about 1995 and was a great plane to fly ,maybe even better than my current t300 because it is way lighter, could land it anywhere. One of the best flights I had in it was from Tamworth to south west rocks and then to evans head at 500 foot most of the way for the great eastern flyin ,landing on the beach to refuel and to ring up Coffs control tower for clearance thru zone as I didn't have radio . Gotta love the old days

Cheers Corky

Hi Corky,

she is a credit to you and other previous owners,

Tamworth-southwest rocks- evens head . In a Thruster ! WOW thats the go!! Wish i lived near the beach .

You must of looked after her well :) Still flys great,trims hands off, i have only done local flying and one Yarrawonga-Falcon Hawk flight so far but intend to do a few longer sorties soon ,or at least get out of the circuit :)

Cheers .

• Like 3

Got the old girl fllying again :)Thanks to Wingtech ( po box 66 Wentworth Falls NSW 2782

Ph + 61 407 761 808. ) ask for Allan Cameron.

A new set of skins for well under 3k and great service and advice on fitting .. Excellent service and would highly reccomend !

Nice job on the Thruster Richard.

Agree with your comments about Wingtech, they did my drifter skins last year, Alan and Jan are good people.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Good to see her flying again Richard as Corky said she flys really nice, gotta keep them Thrusters flying. I am flying a real early Thruster Gemini and loving it cheers Steve.

• 4 weeks later...
Good to see her flying again Richard as Corky said she flys really nice, gotta keep them Thrusters flying. I am flying a real early Thruster Gemini and loving it cheers Steve.

No worries Thanks Steve,

I enjoy flying the old girl and much more fun than GA.

Fact of the matter is i have moved house and interstate, long story short,i would be intersted in selling her (the aircraft not the missus) i have not advertised yet but if anyone on this thread is interested please give me a call on 0422019958

Or email: [email protected]

Asking 10 k ,is regoed.has trailer but thats not regoed.

Ps good luck with the Gemini project!!

No worries Thanks Steve,I enjoy flying the old girl and much more fun than GA.

Fact of the matter is i have moved house and interstate, long story short,i would be intersted in selling her (the aircraft not the missus) i have not advertised yet but if anyone on this thread is interested please give me a call on 0422019958

Or email: [email protected]

Asking 10 k ,is regoed.has trailer but thats not regoed.

Ps good luck with the Gemini project!!

I will spread the word for you Richard cheers Steve.

• 7 months later...

To start the next chapter of the story 0112 is now living in WA after the long long journey to pick her up, about 8000km in total.

A good time was had at Falcon Hawk where Jim showed me the way to handle a Thruster, an absolute delight indeed.

With some luck we can get a shot of her next to your Gemini before long Riley.

• Like 3

To start the next chapter of the story 0112 is now living in WA after the long long journey to pick her up, about 8000km in total.A good time was had at Falcon Hawk where Jim showed me the way to handle a Thruster, an absolute delight indeed.

With some luck we can get a shot of her next to your Gemini before long Riley.

Good on ya Piglet, Jimbo sure is the man for Thruster training. Good luck. Look forward to the pics