Uber Hires NASA Flying-Car Expert

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yo where tf ? Can people not even take two seconds to spell check a single sentence? That gives me the shtfs!About Uber . Screw them, they’ll be bankrupt in five years...

tf isn't misspelt it is just the new way of swearing without actually typing it.Where tf translates to where the f*#€

Having said that I still dislike it!

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst enjoying a pint in the pub recently, I overheard a rather loud individual telling his friends that it won't be long until we have pilotless Uber Airliners too. . . . "Well. . .they're already automatic ain't they ? ? "

Uber loses money hand over fist because their basic premise is flawed. The self driving cars etc is just to give the investors something to hope for- otherwise they are left with basically a fare subsidising company. Might as well have invested in state transit:oh yeah:

• Like 1

Uber loses money hand over fist because their basic premise is flawed. The self driving cars etc is just to give the investors something to hope for- otherwise they are left with basically a fare subsidising company. Might as well have invested in state transit:oh yeah:

If I'm ever travelling around a major city, I cite London and Birmingham here,. . .I would Always use a Tram, or a bus. If I found that I needed a Taxi, in London, I would only get into a proper Black Cab. With a driver who had ridden around London on a Moped ( it used to be Pushbikes. . .) to learn every nook and cranny for TWO YEARS before being allowed an operator's licence. This is known as 'THE KNOWLEDGE'

That is hard work, and quite expensive. These people are Dedicated and damn good at what they do. They know all the back streets, alleys and diversions to get you where you want to go.

In Brum there are also Black Taxis whose operators have to learn Birmingham like the back of their hand before getting a licence. Then along comes Uber. Hey guys, use your OWN car, become a taxi driver. . .don't bother with any training, don't bother with any insurance for your passengers. . .( This is generally the case ) and make a fortune in your spare time. Yeah, Right. I'm not particularly bothered about being raped by an immigrant taxi driver, using his second cousin's driving licence, I don't think I'm attractive enough to worry about that aspect.

But literally hundreds of women nationwide have found that an Uber cab back from that night club was a bad decision, and not just the simple, easy, Mobile Phone APP ride home that they thought it was going to be. . . .. Immigrants find that this kind of employment is easy to do, no need to speak English, or be able to read road signs either, just buy some Uber stickers and away you go. . . regrettably, those drivers from flyblown crapholes in the Middle East do not have any manners, nor respect for the correct treatment of Lady passengers,. nor other conventions that one would expect of a Taxi driver in the British Isles.. I have some horrific passenger anecdotes,. .. but I won't bother here.

My friend's Son tried Uber driving for around three months and is still awaiting compensation for fuel used and any payment for his work from the 'Company'. . .it appears to be a typical 'Ponzi' scheme.

sorry.... I don't see an edit button to go in and correct fat finger typing errors...

Hiya Charlie. . . there is an 'EDIT' button bottom left of the comment window, but this facility is time limited to around thirty minutes. No fat finger alterations after that Bud. . . . !

• 1 year later...
Uber perpetuates this sham that it is a 'ride-sharing' service. It is not, nor has it ever been, such a thing. I find it astonishing that various governments haven't done more to stop it.

Birdseye, and Danny are both on the right track.  The reason governments haven't done more to stop it, and it will fail, is because that's what it's designed to do by Government.  Sorry if that truth is a bit hard to handle, but that's the very short story.  The long one would take months, if not years to tell.  Elon Musk's Tesla and Space One are similar scams.