University Project

Just to be a smart arse, bigger bladder would be the best on long flights.

However I did fill in the survey properly for you. Needs of age groups and flight do become a factor for LSA that can fly 5 hours non stop these days.

• Agree 1

I also responded properly, but I agree with SSCBD.  Drinking in flight isn’t a problem. Getting rid of it is where the innovation is needed. 

• Agree 1

" Getting rid of it is where the innovation is needed. "

No Problem,!.

Medical, "condom shaped" male incontinence product is on the market,

Don it before takeoff, hose comes out of trouser leg, then out to the heavens.

(cloud seeding ?.)

image.png.38323b4429ee6ad75e4e92bba4fbec17.png

spacesailor

• Haha 1

" Getting rid of it is where the innovation is needed. "

No Problem,!.

Medical, "condom shaped" male incontinence product is on the market,

Don it before takeoff, hose comes out of trouser leg, then out to the heavens.

(cloud seeding ?.)

[ATTACH]39145[/ATTACH]

spacesailor

Out to the heavens or blow-back into the cockpit?  Sounds OK in principle, but I'd like to see some more research work to verify the concept first.  Placement of the outlet could be critical.

Google incontinence leg bags. These are similar to the type worn by cancer patients who have had their bladder removed, but don't require the radical surgery. (I speak with experience). We have the stomach pouch which has about 2 hours capacity. For longer periods we connect a leg bag. There is a larger one with a longer tube for using overnight because there is no sensation to wake you to visit the loo.

spacer.png

You mean poor installation work,

I expect most (average ) flyer's could manage to put an adapted venturi type Peee exit to dispose of any wast.

unless you want to keep it for the garden, LoL

spacesailor

1450354029_6AGyroInstrumentSystemYourOptions1.gif.1c511628f25e7dbda5398f2438b4ff97.gif

You mean poor installation work,

Please explain. Would such a modification get RAAus or CASA approval? You can't even mount a camera mount without approval.

RGMWA

The OLD venturi depicted only needs a T piece near the hull-skin to connect your Peee-tube to, An off-tap could be prudent, (just in case of excess suction). (please don't put venturi on back to front( may cause "blow-back))

BUT

If worried use RED750 's bag,

All come in kits.

• Like 1

Like the Venturi setup to exit the excess ... but installation must take into account the semi-vaporised spray and where it goes ... wee is rather corrosive and I’d rather the metal in my airframe remain rather uncorroded.  

My thoughts are that if your aircraft isn't large enough to get  up and walk down to the lav, as a rec flyer you could probably use a stretch as well as a slash, and might as well stop for a few minutes for both.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sometimes there may be nowhere to land. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Only if you don't plan. If you are planning to not stop anywhere, you best plan an alternative means as you say, and clearly there is a market for such items, but it won't stretch you legs or back.

In my limited experience, if I have an uncomfortably full bladder, I am probably also uncomfortable and need a stretch as well. My aircraft is roomy and comfy, but you are still forced to remain in one position.

I can go for the full endurance of my fuel tank, but the last hour is willing my destination to hurry up. I like the flying too much to taint it with discomfort and I enjoy stopping in new places, so I usually plan a stop anyway.

• Like 1

As the name 'incontinence bag' implies, it is designed for those who can't wait long between stops, or have little bladder control due to a medical condition, and it seems a fair percentage of our number are in the retirement bracket where this tends to become a problem, but at about $10 or less, and reusable, it's a cheap backup.

RGMWA

The OLD venturi depicted only needs a T piece near the hull-skin to connect your Peee-tube to, An off-tap could be prudent, (just in case of excess suction). (please don't put venturi on back to front( may cause "blow-back))

BUT

If worried use RED750 's bag,

All come in kits.

Thanks. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but I find an empty one litre plastic Acetone bottle does a pretty good job. Helps to have an autopilot to keep things straight and level though, and could be exciting if you hit turbulence at the critical moment.

A mate of mine has a long EZE and when he built it he installed a pee tube. 

Just a bit of plastic tubing that runs done the wheel strut and I think bends a bit aft at the end. The Venturi effect caused by airspeed is enough to draw urine out rapidly. 

The cabin end is just plugged off till needed and then he inserts a funnel into it. Apparently no problem to use. 

In my Jab I just use plastic 600 ml fruit juice bottle ( wide neck one off course ?) 

Getting back to the original question about getting fluids in rather than out. 

I think the perceived need is probably in error. 

Even in a place as big as Oz   I don’t have a need for any type of fluid dispensing device of the type being offered. When it’s  smooth flying you can use any normal delivery system. We take thermos and coffee on longer flights  and typically cold water or juice in a bottle if it’s too hot. 

When it’s too rough for normal beverages you don’t want to be drinking at all. 

• Like 2

A friend of mine once used a plastic supermarket bag when cut short while flying over the Blue Mountains, then she tried to dump it out of the side vent in a Piper Warrior which proved not to be the best if ideas. 30 yrs later, she's never been allowed to forget it. 

?..I think the perceived need is probably in error. 

Even in a place as big as Oz   I don’t have a need for any type of fluid dispensing device of the type being offered. When it’s  smooth flying you can use any normal delivery system. We take thermos and coffee on longer flights  and typically cold water or juice in a bottle if it’s too hot. 

When it’s too rough for normal beverages you don’t want to be drinking at all. 

Excellent response, Jaba. I told the survey people that there are better problems for them to be spending time on.

Like finding a viable way to make a phone call via your headset.

Excellent response, Jaba. I told the survey people that there are better problems for them to be spending time on.

Like finding a viable way to make a phone call via your headset.

G’day OK , I have a set of ANR Zulu’s and, once paired to the headsets, you just operate the phone as normal. Any incoming  calls have a distinctive sound and are accepted as normal . Any traffic on your selected frequency can be heard also. They are about 8 years old, and I dare say the latest version is even better....... Bob 

I know lots of 2-sweaters have this sort of setup, Bob, but I'm a bit harder to please. I'd like to keep mine simple, with the fewest connections possible. I want to use my old DC headset because it's bolted to my helmet and plugs directly into my radio.

I'm looking to buy an ANR kit that includes Bluetooth. Still cheaper than replacing with something like your Zulus.

• 3 weeks later...

For years, I have used the inner bag of a wine cask. It has the advantage that it takes up little weight and space while its folded up.

But this was in gliders. I have been too shy to use this in the Jabiru with a passenger in the next seat, so those condom type things would work I guess... are they comfortable? I can imagine they would feel very intrusive, that is if you wore one all the time.

I can't help you there Bruce, I have never worn one, and I now drain my kidneys through a hole in the side of my stomach (ileal conduit and stoma). However, they are for people who suffer incontinence so I guess they can't be too intrusive.