UPDATE - CTSW For Sale

Guest rheggie

1_myct.jpg

Just an update to let you know I have 24-4466 back after having spats and spinner repainted to return them to new condition. She is a beautiful aircraft in excellent condition and ready to sell.

I have had some interest but no-one has flown her as yet. I encourage anyone who is half serious to come and have a fly - you will not be disappointed and I dare say you will fall in love...

Contrary to popular belief I don't think the CT is at all difficult to land, though newcomers may be surprised at the tendency to float along the runway. Fly it along the centreline (not too high off the ground) and it will come down when its ready (isn't that what you do in any plane?) I normally close the throttle completely on late downwind and fly every approach as a glide - there are not many aeroplanes in which you can do this. With a powered approach, your base and final needs to be fairly long to lose enough height - particularly if you're carrying a bit of speed. Very different to flying a draggy spam can or even a Jabiru which is why I think it takes people by surprise. People think it looks a bit like a Jab so it will fly like one...

I transitioned to the CT with 30 hours total aeronautical experience, without problem. If you have 100 hours you'll do it very easily.

Other people have asked me about 'weak' landing gear. My aircraft has had both legs replaced with the 'new' legs while Ian owned it however there have never been any cracks found. After a bounced landing on a 400m private sloping airstrip with unmarked power lines at either end, I replaced a further leg as a precaution as I thought I could see a slight bend in it. The bend turned out to be so minor I couldn't even see it when the leg was off, and I found no cracks. This helped me greatly to overcome my paranoia as I was new to the game and had heard stories of a main leg failing during taxi. Shaun Seipel was extremely good and I was able to pick up and replace the leg the same day. I have video my wife took of the landing in question if anyone wants to have a look. The landing gear is well and truly strong enough.

Just completed my PPL in a Cirrus SR22, and this is what I intend to buy. A beautiful machine, but it will cost me 3-4 times as much to buy and maintain.

If you can't afford or justify a Cirrus, don't need NVFR or instrument certification, but still want a BRS, then I still believe the CT is the next best thing. There is no ultralight with better cruise, Vne, Vno, room, payload, and that's as fun to fly.

As far as the autopilot goes - after your first long trip you'll never buy another plane without it.

One person contacted me a few weeks ago and wanted the Rotax serial number and I have lost their details. Apologies for this. The serial number is: 5645264 if you are still interested.

Come and have a look or contact me and I'll see if I can come to you or meet you half way. I'll be in Adelaide the first week of October if anyone in SA is interested, and if I haven't sold her by then.

There's an AD out for the BRS parachute which I'll be attending to this weekend.

Ryan

• 8 months later...

This aircraft arrived at it's new home at Maryborough Qld ( YMYB ) last weekend.

I am going to dob in the new owner, he goes by the name Skygazer on this forum.

Welcome to the world of aircraft ownership 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Thanks Mick,

Now if only I could get a break in the weather to get some familiarity time in. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

All going well it should be at the Goodwin Field Fly in this weekend.:thumb_up:

Peter

So my first CT girl has moved on - enjoy and remember you have the Recreational Flying logo on her so she will be well spotted - I also suppose this make you an un-bannable member of the forums 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Enjoy!

Ian,

Thank you for the time you spent going over your purchase and settling in with 24-4466 it was a very enlightening conversation - one that gave me a better understanding of the aircraft and its particular characteristics or should I say teething issues.

Good luck with the new project -Has the weather cleared over there yet ;)

Peter

Thanks Mick, Now if only I could get a break in the weather to get some familiarity time in. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

All going well it should be at the Goodwin Field Fly in this weekend.:thumb_up:

Peter

Peter,

What do you mean familiarity time???

If that auto pilot is any good you should not have to do anything:ah_oh:;)006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif:rotary::rotary::rotary:

This aircraft arrived at it's new home at Maryborough Qld ( YMYB ) last weekend..011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Maybe a slight ammendment there Mick- "Temporary home" might be a little more like it as it will be off to Hervey Bay to take up residence in the very near future- once the weather settles.

As for the Auto Pilot- Ryan only demonstrated its use in the air I must have missed the Take off and Landing briefing.032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Peter