Useful aviation app recommendations?

Hi folks!

As a  technophobe old fogey, I'm deeply suspicious of new fangled smart phones and 'apps',  (but I do love my Oz Runways!)  Then yesterday, while reading about the bushfires down south I stumbled upon reference to an extraordinary new app called 'Rain Parrot'. This is not an aviation app, but it seems to draw upon weather  radar data and your location to give a  highly accurate estimate of when rain is about to start falling at your exact location, its intensity and duration.  

Like most keen weather watchers I tend to do this intuitively just looking at the radar map and knowing my position, but when I tested the app last night I was really impressed.  It was almost spot on to about 30 seconds!  Much more accurate than my own assessment. Very impressive!

So it got me wondering what other (aviation related) app things I might be missing out on?

What aviation apps do you use for flight planning, navigation, weather, safety or anything else?  Any tips much appreciated!

Cheers

Alan

WINDY..as per thruster...lots of stuff, not only winds at altitude. Thunderstorms, rain, clouds, satellite. 

http://satview.bom.gov.au/  Very good moving visual reference. Live!

SEABREEZE APP....very good live wind app for coastal areas. 

BOM weather app....

FLIGHTRADAR24 APP... good for checking how close that rpt or flydoc is up your clacker....inbound.

• Informative 1