VH-VRV

gwaf

For all you RV builders out there that are close to finishing !! I have seen the best call sign VH-VRV (Vans RV) available on the casa website. I have been looking for months for this but just registered my RV4 five months ago so no good to me ...you can reserve this if you are quick ...Good Luck

• Agree 1

Too late for me. I was going to use my initials (RGM) but that belongs to a 1965 Cessna 150 that lives at Yarrie Station near Port Hedland in WA, and clearly refuses to die. Good call sign for some RV builder though.

rgmwa

Yes, good RV regos are scarce these days. In the late 90's, a few good regos obtained here for RV6's were RVS and XRV. Another series used were the MM series which were originally all the McRobertson-Miller Airlines regos which were becoming available. These included MMF (RV6), MMG (RV4), MMQ (RV6), and MMZ (RV6). Back in 2001, I was lucky enough to hear that the VH-V series was about to be released - so at 09.01 that day - my faxed application for VFE and VNE was in CASAs' fax. Got them both and they are on a RV9A and RV6 resp. It's now difficult to even score a V in any rego, although we have a few with an 'ending' V - WMV (RV6), SJV (RV6A), KLV (RV9A). Another 4 aircraft start with a 'V' - VRH (RV9A), VDW (RV6), VVF (RV7A), and VNN (RV9A- now in PLC). happy days,

Sound like ham radio nerds - we like our callsigns based on things like our names etc. KEV (For Kevin) was taken as was KPT (my initials). You could always go for BUM, POO, WEE etc. Good for a laugh.

Sound like ham radio nerds - we like our callsigns based on things like our names etc. KEV (For Kevin) was taken as was KPT (my initials). You could always go for BUM, POO, WEE etc. Good for a laugh.

There are a couple of letter combinations which are unlikely to be issued......for reasons of good taste. How boorish to be flying anything with a gross callsign. happy days,

My callsign on my Cessna 150 was VH-OUI which I selected myself. Oui in French is pronounced Wee but means yes however my choice was because I said 'yes' to my purchase, I was unable to get the letters I really wanted. I later regretted my choice as it is difficult to say 'Oscar, uniform, india' and was often misunderstood.'

Come to thing about it, I am often misunderstood on this forum.033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Alan.

1800372806_Cessna150.jpg.d471df2b7aea90599c34c377e9a9afb1.jpg

When they answer the Phone in France the say 'ello, oui! You could try that. I'm never understood here, so that's no test. Even my jokes fall flat , like yours. (That's a bit awful isn't it? ) Another bad one. Geez.. Nev

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sold my old trike to an overseas purchaser, so that trike is not even in the country anymore, let alone registered here. When it came time to register my new one, I tried to get my old numbers, but HGFA will not reissue unused numbers even though they know it went overseas 064_contract.gif.1ea95a0dc120e40d40f07339d6933f90.gif 052_no_way.gif.ab8ffebe253e71283aa356aade003836.gif

• 2 weeks later...

When I was building our RV9a I was unsure I could build it light enough to register it RAA. So I reserved a VH number I liked just in case. It was VH-VRN. To me that was RV (in reverse) and the "N" was for nine but as it turned out I didn't need it so I let it go.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

A well known aviator has VH NOJ, he says he was dyslexic and his name is Jon. Dyslexic he may be but that plane has been around the world, East to West, West to East and over the poles.

Afriend flies XIS which is an RV6 and of course reads SIX when upside down.

A well known aviator has VH NOJ, he says he was dyslexic and his name is Jon. Dyslexic he may be but that plane has been around the world, East to West, West to East and over the poles.Afriend flies XIS which is an RV6 and of course reads SIX when upside down.

Yes I know of Jon and his RV4, it just happens to be that a mate of mine flies an RV6 with the rego: VH-SIX based in the south west YBSN

MGN_2.JPG.aed44e6e6b317a3e2c82117de98dd7ab.JPG [ATTACH]34719[/ATTACH]

Saw VH-POO on a recently completed Bearhawk

• 1 year later...
My callsign on my Cessna 150 was VH-OUI which I selected myself. Oui in French is pronounced Wee but means yes however my choice was because I said 'yes' to my purchase, I was unable to get the letters I really wanted. I later regretted my choice as it is difficult to say 'Oscar, uniform, india' and was often misunderstood.' Come to thing about it, I am often misunderstood on this forum.033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Alan.

I now own OUI

image.jpeg.a34745c21d315752d76c55fd901cdb0a.jpeg

IOU's have value. Not suitable for use on a plane. A plane is a device taking money from your wallet at great speed. Nearly as good as farming to send you broke. Nev

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1