Webinar: Avoiding the Base to Final Turn Accident

djpacro

Register now for this webinar from the International Aerobatic Club!

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9060165293449417985

Gordon Penner, MCFI-A and FAA Gold Seal Instructor, will discuss simple and clear explanations of the elements leading up to a base-to-final stall/spin accident; how to recognize and stop these elements, and the true nature of stalls and spins that most pilots have not been taught. Qualifies for FAA Wings Credit.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Great presso, well-articulated - I finally (think I) understand *why* not to use bottom rudder on that turn! The explanation of the G forces (and therefore stall speed) being a result of the elevator pressure and not the angle of bank in and of itself was a huge lightbulb moment!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Being able to understand what is happening is always helpful. However, just remember you cannot stall if you do not pull the stick back too far and if you always fly "in balance" you are much less likely to drop a wing if you do stall.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 4 years later...
Being able to understand what is happening is always helpful. However, just remember you cannot stall if you do not pull the stick back too far and if you always fly "in balance" you are much less likely to drop a wing if you do stall.

Agreed Happyflyer, but just one question, how do you fly in balance?  Yes, I'm serious...