What are the odds?

alf jessup

E9945672-3014-4072-83C8-1BF43C5F7D91.jpeg.8b2fa1ba22ff87b89dd4e26c5f3d45a7.jpeg Hello fellow flyers.

Please tell me what you think of these odds?

2 aircraft arrive in Australia in the same container 11 years ago, build number 155 &156, get put together then get registered with RAA with rego Numbers 24- 4574 & 24-4575 then go their seperate ways.

Well today 4574 has joined its younger sibling once again to live in the same hangar in East Gippsland

The new addition being now 11 years old has a measly 159hrs TTIS on the tach while mine has been flown regularly over the last 5 years has 760hrs, she only had 227 when I got her.

Destiny or fate that is the question.

I’m pretty chuffed seeing them in the same hangar after all this time apart.

PS not a bad custom paint job the previous owner had done as it came in plain white from the factory for this very reason

04051F34-8462-4349-8793-23D54C7851DE.png.31c3e054aa41545eff046dc980773583.png

• Like 10

The new addition being now 11 years old has a measly 159hrs TTIS on the tach while mine has been flown regularly over the last 5 years has 760hrs,

Send other owner on trip, strip both and change everything over.

Just saying .........

• Helpful 1

Send other owner on trip, strip both and change everything over.Just saying .........

Bexxxxxxxxx,

Great idea mate but it’s like the old adage.

Your have a choice to ferry a brand spanking new plane or 780 hour old one across the seas so which one do you choose???

I choose the one that has 780 hours on it as it has so far proven itself.

On the other hand we are not going over the seas and there is a whole plane of spare parts at my disposal, wait!!!!!!! Also at his disposal , don’t like that thought.

Na all good he is a great bloke

• Haha 1

Alf,

What an amazing story - coincidence that it turned up. The long lost twin brother.

Looks good too in that alternative colour scheme.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I'm still very fond of the Sierra and perhaps if my Medical goes I'll be chasing one again.

By the way I've had to bulk strip my Lycombing and was in your town looking to get you to sign my Visa. Rudy looked after me and they did not know where you hide.

Next time I'll catch up for sure.

Alf,What an amazing story - coincidence that it turned up. The long lost twin brother.

Looks good too in that alternative colour scheme.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I'm still very fond of the Sierra and perhaps if my Medical goes I'll be chasing one again.

By the way I've had to bulk strip my Lycombing and was in your town looking to get you to sign my Visa. Rudy looked after me and they did not know where you hide.

Next time I'll catch up for sure.

Sorry I missed you Bernie but I was away working over Christmas and the NY period

Sorry to hear the lyc had to have a bulk strip

I hide down on the front eastern apron where a Rudy is tucked up in the south west corner

I never see him much and he probably wouldn’t know me all that well now

Hope it wasn’t too heavy on the back pocket

Alf

IMG_1906.JPG.097f4c282bb78ece220d94e1dd276821.JPG

[ATTACH=full]53352[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]53353[/ATTACH] Hello fellow flyers.Please tell me what you think of these odds?

2 aircraft arrive in Australia in the same container 11 years ago, build number 155 &156, get put together then get registered with RAA with rego Numbers 24- 4574 & 24-4575 then go their seperate ways.

Well today 4574 has joined its younger sibling once again to live in the same hangar in East Gippsland

The new addition being now 11 years old has a measly 159hrs TTIS on the tach while mine has been flown regularly over the last 5 years has 760hrs, she only had 227 when I got her.

Destiny or fate that is the question.

I’m pretty chuffed seeing them in the same hangar after all this time apart.

PS not a bad custom paint job the previous owner had done as it came in plain white from the factory for this very reason

Great to see them together, here at Cessnock we have had a long association with the Sierras, started when a GA school bought Six of them. Then after a number of years they were re registered into RA. At one point last year we had 5 aircraft all blue and white , airworthy and flying . 2 were in the raaus school the other 3 privately owned.

Since then one aircraft has been sold and has "flown the nest" During this time there was a white LSA sierra hangared here as well . Since we had 5 identical aircraft a few pilots have done their formation endorsments and we now have a sierra flight that does occasional appearnces at local events.

The sixth blue and white is around cessnock as well but is being restored . And theres no date yet for its return to service.

Cheers

[ATTACH=full]53479[/ATTACH]Great to see them together, here at Cessnock we have had a long association with the Sierras, started when a GA school bought Six of them. Then after a number of years they were re registered into RA. At one point last year we had 5 aircraft all blue and white , airworthy and flying . 2 were in the raaus school the other 3 privately owned.

Since then one aircraft has been sold and has "flown the nest" During this time there was a white LSA sierra hangared here as well . Since we had 5 identical aircraft a few pilots have done their formation endorsments and we now have a sierra flight that does occasional appearnces at local events.

The sixth blue and white is around cessnock as well but is being restored . And theres no date yet for its return to service.

Cheers

Good hear Ayecapt

Damn great aircraft, not only look the goods they fly very well

And yes great to have 2 planes that came to Australia 11 years ago in the same container back together again in the same hangar

Alf

• Like 1