Why do people TROLL forums

I love this forum ( thanks Ian )

It always amazes me why people TROLL good forums like this and spoil it for us all !

Is it insecurity , lack of social interaction or should we feel sorry that they have nothing better to do.

What do you think ?

cheer's Butch

• 1 year later...

If you feel a bit troubled, it is better to simply ignore the troll. Don't give any of them any oxygen.

If they get no response(s), then eventually they fade away and either troll elsewhere or spend time weeding their garden. 

• Like 1

I see disagreement rather than trolling. I think that even the people I disagree with are making an honest effort. There is the added incentive that people think that what others have posted is dangerous. For example, some people misinterpreted a recent post I made as advocating flying over weight. Since more than one person thought that that’s what I was advocating, it  looks like what I said was not clear. 

Maybe it's like CB radio. Some simple minded folks find it funny to annoy folks who cannot give them a good slap. Some people think trolling is an internet thing, but it's been around since the first radio signals went out...

Edited by Jabiru7252
  • Like 1

I urge anyone who feels that a post is not appropriate to click the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of the post and then click Report.

This alerts the moderators to the post for them to act accordingly.

• Informative 1

The problem with discussing things by written communication is that written communication lacks the assistance of body language and vocal tone, and sometimes context is obscure.

How do you interpret, "He's a bastard."

• Agree 1