Decca.

facthunter

it is my unhappy duty to inform you of the passing of one of our forum members Decca , a couple of hours ago, peacefully. He struggled on in the last few days to make a few posts in the just landed section. Those who know him more closely will know of his long fight with cancer which curtailed his attempts to complete his flying training, which he commenced in Ian's Gazelle. He managed a trip to Temora fortunately for the first Temora Natfly just recently. Our thoughts go out to Sue ,(his wife) and family. Bye, Mate. Peace at last. Nev..

Funeral Details are:

Derek Cooper-

Funeral directors Tobin Bros.,

1251 Doveton St North.

Ballarat. Vic

Next monday 17 May

Tobin Bros. Ballarat at 11 am

Then, Carngham Cemetery at 2.30

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for passing that on Nev. I'm so sad about that.

Decca was amazing. Only a week or two ago he was still positive he was going to beat it.

It was fantastic he could get to Temora before he went.

I feel privileged to have met him.

You're flying now mate.

Ross

I had the pleasure of talking to Decca via the mike facility and Decca's webcam in the chatroom a while ago where he told me that the cancer had returned and he was determined to do all in his power to remain upbeat and positive - and he did.

Decca was the 'Just Landed' guru where he always had a positive comment or 2 for the new members.

Rest in peace Decca and condolences to all the family.

Pud

Guest studentbiggles

Decca

What sad news....Decca you will always fly under my wings you lovely soul...My deepest sympathy's to your Family....No need for Take Off's sweetie cos God will be holding you up there in the blue forever in His safe hands....Fly Forever Alley.

Thanks Nev for Letting us know, I never met Decca but feel like one of the family has passed.I supose one has. He will be sadly missed from this site and anyone who ever had anything to do with him. My thoughts and condolences to all the family.

He has his wings forever now. God bless

Monty

Thanks Nev.

Sorry to hear about it - he was such an inspiration to not give up... he well and truly did his utmost to keep the chin up and plod on. Will never forget you mate, was a pleasure to meet up with you at Temora.

Thoughts for the Family and Sue.

Derek,

Although I only knew you for a short time it always felt like we were old friends. Our Temora adventure was so much fun, I'm so glad we shared it. I will remember it for ever. I have lost a dear friend. I will never forget you Derek - I love you. Farewell old mate. You have your wings now.

I met up with Decca several times while Bec and buby were in hospital in Ballarat.

I couldn't believe how much of a positive attitude and fighting spirit he had.

I only hope I would have the same in that circumstance.

At least he can fly now.

Stan, Bec and little Megan.

Guest David C

Decca ... We never met , however , we did speak on the phone and let me say how very sad I feel at the moment . You were truly an inspiration to us all . Through thick and thin you maintained your dignity with grace . You will be sadly missed and never forgotten . My condolences to your lovely wife and family ..

Dave C

Guest Sharp End

I didn't know Decca personally either, however I do know he was trying to help others right to the end, sourcing a quiet horse for a friend of Mazda's. Now you're dancing in the clouds mate...

Mark.

Someday we will know, where the pilots go

When their work on earth is through.

Where the air is clean, and the engines gleam,

And the skies are always blue.

They have flown alone, with the engine's moan,

As they sweat the great beyond,

And they take delight, at the awesome sight

of the world spread far and yon.

Yet not alone, for above the moan, when the earth is

out of sight,

As they make their stand, He takes their hand,

and guides them through the night.

How near to God are these men of sod,

Who step near death's last door?

Oh, these men are real, not made of steel,

But He knows who goes before,

And how they live, and love and are beloved,

But their love is most for air.

And with death about, they will still fly out,

And leave their troubles there.

He knows these things, of men with wings,

And He knows they are surely true.

And He will give a hand, to such a man

'Cause He's a pilot too.

Decca...for you mate!

I had the privilege to know Decca via these forums and especially via pm's. He kept me informed of his condition and was always so positive about it. So much so that I had no idea how bad it had gotten. God rest you mate, may you fly forever in your new kingdom, where ever it might be. My condolences go out to your wife and family.

I too only knew Decca through these forums and the chatroom. But I regarded him as a friend. I remember waiting for a delayed flight at Tullamarine a few months ago and logging onto the chatroom to pass the time. The only one there was Decca and we had a great chat for an hour or so. A true gentleman and I regret never meeting him in person.

Rest easy Decca and enjoy your new wings. May God's peace be with Sue and family in their time of sorrow.

Peter

Feeling absolutely shattered at hearing this news.

Decca and I had bond that money can't buy. We were in quite regular contact and we always tried to prop one another up with positives. He was always more interested in my problem, before his own. However, when he called the other evening, he apoligised to me and said "I'm sorry mate, but I don't think we'll get to share that bottle of red together". I was lost for words and felt numb, as I knew what he was trying to tell me.

Love you heaps buddy, your passing will be leaving a big void in my life, and I know many others as well.

My condolances go out to Sue and the family, and others that feel like I do.

Rest in peace ole mate.

Kindest regards

Planey.

Guest Wigg

Decca you will always be missed here my friend, am really sorry we never managed that drink. We are very glad we made the trip to Temora just to meet you was a pleasure. He helped me through a bit of a rough patch as well, through emials. What a wonderful outlook on life & the courage was next to none. A true gentleman of the highest degree & you definately have earned your wings. RIP Decca & deepest sympathy to Sue & family.