Decca.

facthunter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wigg

thanks for that Nev please don't think I was being smart. Just wanted to know which one so I may attend Regards Sue

Not at all.

Not at all Sue, You wouldn't believe that the calendar was last years and the appointment on the sunday was the same as this years so I took it as read. Glad I was able to rectify it before it was there long to create confusion. Nev

Fly in Peace Derek.

You are and always will be a bloody good mate.

And thanks for the great times we had bowling, the coffees and cakes at the Beechworth Bakery, trips to the bowlo and the times you came to stay for the weekend.

Ben

051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I only met Decca once, but he struck me straight away as a really great guy, very friendly and helpful, and I was always very impressed by his swift replies to all the "Just Landed" posts to welcome new people to this site. His contributions will be greatly missed. RIP

Neil

I flew with Derek on a fair few occasions both locally and on a few NAVX's and I can tell you he was one of a kind. Great bloke and a friend. I logged on to Rec Forums at 8:00PM and was confronted by the grim reality of what had happened, A call to Sue made it even more of a reality, A dear mate is gone. I tell you I have never felt that hurt before and hope I don't again.derek had a re lapse over 6 months ago but he fought it to the end, I am glad in a way he went quick and was in good spirits and glad he got to go to his first fly in.

Rest in peace my good friend now you have wings of your own and I am sorry for breaking my promise to you... but I only cried a bit, and when I fly I will be thinking of you, (here I go again)

adrian-lewer-albums-decca-picture1055-p4110005.jpg

adrian-lewer-albums-decca-picture1056-decca-adrian-visit-024-large.jpg

Guest Wigg

Ian what a well deserved tribute thank you I am sure from everyone. Thanks Pete for doing that & Andrew thank you for your picture contribution to a truly wonderful person. Sue

What more can I say that hasn't already been said. It's obvious he has touched all of us in one way or another.

My condolences to his family

H

i havent being in this community for very long alsomst know time compared to some old salts, but i can say that there a very few people out there there that will openly accept younger guys like me who dont quite have the money to be "pilots" but have the asspiration and passion. decca clearly had a passion for aviation he was a good bloke i spoken to him on many occasions on the forum and he never had somthing negative to say. he was always supporting the new guys on the forum. but most of thats already being said

god bless decca have fun id the clear blue sky.

i feel for the family and friends the passing of a true blue good bloke

rest in peace mate.

Thanks Decca

When I first posted in Just Landed only a few weeks ago, Decca was the first to respond with a friendly welcome. Having just got back after being away for a couple of days, I was very saddened to see this thread. My sincere condolences to his family.

rgmwa

It feels like a favoured uncle has passed away, even though I think I have only seen him once or twice at Natfly, I know and love him through this forum. I hope others will take up the "greeting" role - it makes new members feel special and settles them into the forum family.

Farewell Good Friend

Sue

Bugger.He was a brave bloke, and a worthy member of this site.

Not wrong there Captain.

I'm so sad that I was in Melbourne last weekend and wanted to make a trip out to see him, but had to babysit my grandkids.

So regreting that I did'nt make more effort:crying:.

Thats life, but i'm so sorry that I missed out on catching up with my mate.

Rgds Planey (The Bloody Idiot).