Injection

gwillimm

Agreed mixture control is good BUT EGT spread on Jab engines wont change so cant really use it much

Plenty have EGT on some cylinders at upper AND others at lower limits. Cant really lean them

Guest spacewalker

FWIW, I maintain a small collection of aircraft that between them employ Bings and AeroCarb. I have no problem with the Bing carbs, and also fly an AeroVee fitted with an AeroCarb. It runs well, but the AeroCarb can be tricky to set up, as a crude mixture control which must be pulled to full lean and the fuel valve turned off if you want to avoid fuel piddling out. That can be a fire danger as well as a problem with hydraulic lock or fuel flooding if the carb is above the engine.

If I already had a Bing on say, a Jabiru, I would have to way up the extra cost of buying another carb.

G'day all and to Factfinder in particular. I enjoy these forums very much and learn from them. When I post it is only to share information that may be of interest and a little use to like minds. I put all of us in that category. I don't ever mean my comments to be taken as an insult or a comment on any one in the forum. At the worst we can agree to disagree. It is also possible to argue that mention of EFI in a thread that started out discussing a type of carburettor is off topic but I think it is relevant. Anyway, I repeat that my "experiment" with EFI over 550 almost trouble free hours in a Volksplane showed that the obvious advantages of this system translates well to aviation piston engines. Good thread, I like it! Don

• 2 years later...
Still getting infomationThanks every body for your replies But is there some one out there who has the rotec TBI system fitted to there plane and are you happy with it.

Thanks Mick

I also am interested in an answer to this if anyone has been running a Jab 2200 with the Rotec TBI. Also has anyone got any feedback on the Rotec Liquid cooled heads for the 2200? Cheer Les

PS. Thanks Ian for lifting the ban. Lets hope lessons have been learned.

G'day Nev, It is amusing to read this post (I still can't believe it was 2 years ago). Of course I don't take any offense. But I still stick to my guns on this one. We have been trying for months to sort out the inlet mal-distribution on a carburetored VW. Ah the joys of this wonderful passion, regards, Don

I also am interested in an answer to this if anyone has been running a Jab 2200 with the Rotec TBI. Also has anyone got any feedback on the Rotec Liquid cooled heads for the 2200? Cheer LesPS. Thanks Ian for lifting the ban. Lets hope lessons have been learned.

Pretty sure I read somewhere, that Rotec is insolvent and about to be wound up.............

Regards Bill

Not a problem with me Blue888edfly. Sometimes people have passed on and it is embarrassing. Anyhow injection is a live topic. I should mention that a single point( remote from the heads) doesn't get around the uneven fuel distribution problem. A port injection will, and gives you an opportunity to reduce fuel consumption without overheating cylinders. Nev

Pretty sure I read somewhere, that Rotec is insolvent and about to be wound up.............Regards Bill

According to ABR lookup Rotec engineering is being wound up, but rotec aerosport is not...